ESPN3D - "Your receiver isn't authorized to record this program."

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BrettStah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
OK, I do not yet have a 3D compatible TV, but I plan on getting one in the not too distant future. I was hoping that I could record a few things ahead of time, but I get the above message when I try to record from ESPN3D. I tried with an HR22-100 just now. Do you need to call up DirecTV and add a separate 3D package or something?

Iceberg said:
you need a 3D compatible TV connected.....

no 3D
no recordy

Hmmm... Then I don't understand the warning message I get before the error I quoted above.

"This program is not playable on this TV. Would you like to record it anyway?"

OK, this is weird... I was able to schedule a recording via the DirecTV iPad app!

Alright, I just scheduled something else to record using my normal remote, and it let me. It apparently just won let me start recording what is currently on. Not a big deal at all.

Basically, I may not wind up getting a 3D compatible TV until after football season, so I don't want o have to wait until fall to see what football in 3D looks like!

I never thought about Recording something ahead of time like you mentioned, I Always get the " Your TV is not 3D capable " as expected.... Never went any farther, but Yes, I guess it WILL let you set up a recording, at least it asks you, I just never went that far.

IF I did decide to play with it and Record something while I do not have a #D recvr, would I just get the same message when trying to view it ... Would ANYTHING show up, or would I not be able to at all (presume it would look like encrypted signal or would I get nothing ?)

I wonder why they don't just let you play it... I'm guessing it would look blurry, but if someone wants to watch it (or more likely, they have a 3D set that for some reason isn't properly being identified), then more power to them. They can still warn you when you go to record from a 3D channel, and they can even warn you for a few seconds when you play it back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts