Euro Cup 2004, do we get that?

the Italy vs. Denmark match shown yesterday in Fox Sports World was NOT live. There is no fun in watching the match when the final score is already known.

I agree with the idea of adding it to PPV, if there is supposedly a few HD slots that are currently not being used, that would be a great idea for Voom to do.

If you can't get anything on your system, a little something is better than nothing. I paid $14.95 for the EURO Action Pass through Real Player and I get to hear live audio feed and see extended highlights of every game. They also have a good amount of video from past years. Quality of video is pretty bad unless you watch it in the smallest window, but at least I get to see some footage. Unfortunately I got to see France score 2 goals in the last minutes of the game to beat England 2-1.

JBonds84--it's being broadcast for free in Latin America and Europe because 20-60% of those populations will be watching the games. They can make big money from advertisers so they can buy the rights and offer it to the viewers for free.

How do you figure it's the satellite providers trying to gouge us. It costs money on your local cable provder as well. Do you think they're trying to gouge us?

You just don't know how TV works. Nothing is free. If it's free for you then it costs for the advertisers. If you pay for it then there's no advertising. Deal with it. Money talks.

what about the 40+million latinos that live in the US? what about the growing number of american fans that do watch soccer? Hey that sums up to a lot of people. It rivals western euopean and most latin american nations in terms of population, so I don't think that advertising is a big deal in this case.

Clearly it is, or ESPN/Univision/Telemundo/Fox Sports World would have bought the rights. If they could make a good buck on it, they would have done it, believe me. The other problem, you have to remember, is this tournament is being shown live in the middle of the work day...kind of kills the ratings here in North America.

bla bla bla...... you think the games fall in the middle of work days just in the US? come on your excuses are pointless!!!!!!!

Hey apparently fox sports world will be transmitting some games live. I just checked the listings and supposedly they will be broadcasting the France vs. Croatia (Thursday Feb 17) and Italy vs. Sweeden (Friday Feb.18) matches both at 2:30 EST. However, I do not know if these matches are subject to blackout. If anyone knows about this please let us know..

I've watched a couple of games live on Fox Sports World. They are live at 12:00 EST and 2:30 EST then they show replays at night I think, as Sean posted before. I don't think they will be blacked out not sure though.

Those games will be on FSW live and on replay on those days. No blackouts. They've already shown some, with their crappy satellite signal. But, it's better than nothing. All games after first round will be PPV only. Only 5 games in the first round will even be broadcast by FSW. I'll be home watching though.

I'm jealous of INHD now, carrying the games in HD at that.

Oh well, I don't want to bitch, at least not that much.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts