Eutelsat 113 West A at 113.0°W, missing channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unable to get any of the low band signals here, no signal detected. Might be a more southerly beam for these TPs? Other TPs above 11.7 are good so my dish should be ok...
In the TP specs above are those symbol rates or actual data rates? I'm guessing those are symbol rates as 30k sr is common. Using a 90cm dish/SG2100, universal LNBF (Mavrick I think).

Cham,

Since the Southern beam are below 11.7 GHz.

Northern beam covers Mexico, CONUS and Southern Canada. This beam is above 11.7 GHz.

Yes 30.000 MBs symbol rate, despite I have a bad habit saying bitrate all the time.:p

Just make sure your receiver's settings are set to universal feed modes and see If you can pull the Southern beam in Canada.

I noted your Ham radio call letter tells me you are in Canada.

Some day we will meet on 10 and 6 meter bands if the E skips season opens up.

Will work SSB and FM modes.:clapping

Will have to do a scan with the 6903, have to do some re-wiring first though. The HD RE receiver doesn't see the low band signals so as you indicate a southern beam aimed more at the equator makes sense that is where the target audience is. I should check my antenna anyway, several days of 30-60mpg winds over the last week might have caused a subtle re-alignment.
I have a loop for 6m, and a 6 element yagi if the band is good (have to haul it up the tower though). 10meters might work better though for Es since F layer propagation is basically gone until we get out of the solar minimum. 40/60/80m bands are good sometimes, and I am usually on 80m these days. Was doing some ALE sounding on 60m for a few months last year but had to shut down during thunderstorm season and never got back up and running again. If you can do lower bands we should set up a time/Fq/mode. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.