Eventually Voom will have to be FREE!!

Actually, the DVR box they are building with ucentric will have 4 tuners in it (2 OTA and 2 SAT) but still only drive one display. The other tuners are used either for recording, or to be displayed on seperate thin client boxes, that they will still probably charge for. But frankly, if this DVR system stands up to the rumors, it will be well worth the fee. I currently use SageTV (a networkable software DVR solution) and it is great, but it is only SD. If Voom gets this new box right, I would probably pay whatever they are asking for. Maybe I'm just a "rich idiot" though... ;)

I once again called them and yes, $199 for the second install, $9.50 + $5 /month for the second unit.

They said if I had ordered two at the initial set up, both would have been free.

I got thinking about this. What if you say, OK deinstall me now. Then call back after the 'deinstall' and get two for free as they say.

But............do they charge for the deinstall?

They probably waited until the last minute to extend the promotion so that they could get some people to sign up that were thinking about it. This is why we would probably not get much of a heads up on an extension of a promotion.

Ti-maniac said:

No, but would you like to go through it all over again. I would not... I am on the fence in terms of adding stb as well but I will not add them until I can see what the DVR can do. I would rather get two DVR's and get my solution through the network by adding the clients. If you can wait, my suggestion is to wait for the DVR.

Ti-maniac said:
I once again called them and yes, $199 for the second install, $9.50 + $5 /month for the second unit.

They said if I had ordered two at the initial set up, both would have been free.

I got thinking about this. What if you say, OK deinstall me now. Then call back after the 'deinstall' and get two for free as they say.

They may not give you free install again as that may be for new customers only. I don't know this but it usually works that way.

Maybe if you called to cancel they might offer the second box as an incentive to stay. But I tried something similar and they just canceled and made no effort to keep my install date.

I will cancel this weekend, I will let you know if they make any effort to save me.

Me Too

Add me to the list. I ONLY got VOOM because of the no commitment and no upfront cost. Put D* on "suspended" status while I test drive V*. Right now I'm leaning towards dumping D*. Maybe OTA channel scanning :D and USA Network (wife needs her Law and Order fix :confused: ) would be the push I need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts