Ever seen this?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jatkinson

Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Ok. So I am confident with setting up a satellite system as I have done several in the past. But I have a new problem. I am using a new Directv receiver and setting up a dish. I can get a signal strength in the low 90s. HOWEVER, when I run the setup on the receiver, it gets stuck at the "Aquiring info from the satellite". What happens is that it counts up (in % complete) and gets to the mid 60's. At about 63% or so, it starts over. I have tried several receivers as well as reexamined my installation. Any ideas?:confused:

I'm new to D* but have had dishN for six years and done setup on my tailgating RV dozens of times. The D* is different in that you MUST wait about two minutes after plugging in the rec'vr before attepmting to access the menus. That is my experience in the three times that I've done it. I have not seen the symptom you mention if I wait the two minutes. I'm not sure that is gospel but that's my experience... BTW< true for SD rec'vr. I don't know for HD as i've not yet tried that. I have to get a 5LNB dish first.

Didn't fix the issue. Thanks for the suggestion, though.
Any one else? Please?

What type receiver and dish are you using? Do you have a strong signal on all satellites? Did you do the setup on dish type as to what you installed? (3lnb or 5lnb) Is this a DVR with 2 lines coming in?

R-15's will do that. They will search and get to around 50 then start all over. Other than reformatting the drive, which i have done to mine several times. I don't know. There isn't really enough info in your post to know for sure though. I don't know what kind of meter you are using, what kind of box it is, etc.....

This is a HD receiver model H20 from DTV. I am only wanting to get basic programming for now, and am using a single LNB. Again, I get great signal strength on all applicable transponders on sat A, which is the only one I am trying to get. When receiving data on the Advanced Menu Setup screen, it only goes to the mid 60% range, then restarts from zero. ????

This is a HD receiver model H20 from DTV. I am only wanting to get basic programming for now, and am using a single LNB. Again, I get great signal strength on all applicable transponders on sat A, which is the only one I am trying to get. When receiving data on the Advanced Menu Setup screen, it only goes to the mid 60% range, then restarts from zero. ????

Just a guess, but maybe it's because you are using a single lnb dish.

Just another idea, have you unplugged every thing (power, sat feed coming in) and let it set a few minutes. Maybe this will reset the receiver.
Maybe not completely tuned in for a strong signal from the sat. Any other receivers to test with?

I'm going to vote along with Raoul. It is likely that the H20 cannot be satisfied with a single LNB dish.

That being said, which slot is the dish pointed at?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)