ex-Penn State coach Sandusky sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep........ (body STILL hasn't been found, although he has been declared "dead" so the family can have some closure).

That guy is under an assumed named and identity in Trinidad or Aruba somewhere with a hefty bank account.....OR.... very heavy cement shoes at the neariest and biggest rock quary.

salsadancer7 said:
I keep harping back to a comment Paterno had stated..."maybe I should have done more...." What does THAT tell you?:eek::confused:

Joe. Take out the word "maybe" and you have your answer!!

I keep harping back to a comment Paterno had stated..."maybe I should have done more...." What does THAT tell you?:eek::confused:

That quote was made by Paterno in the overall statement that he was going to retire at the end of the year...his 'the board should not spend one minute disgussing me' speech.

The board did not listen to Paterno...they fired him.

What Paterno was saying was, 'Maybe I should have done more, but I'm retiring anyway so leave my legacy alone'.

Sandra

Pics from Saturday.

Nebraska%20Penn%20St%20Football.JPEG-0abec.r.jpg

photo_16620_carousel.jpg

13.1N006.PENNSHAME--300x450.jpg

g0a0000000000000000aaa8026655231a210865248d7280257edf8ad437.jpg

10245050-large.jpg

189636-joe-paterno-sign.jpg

070601f14b92a6cc09377fc5ca0b.jpeg

portland-press-herald_3592981.jpg

I mentioned this at sonic, as it deals more with what we cover there, but everyone is head hunting here (not "here" here, I mean in general_. Has anyone considered that people "might" be innocent here?
Yeah what we have heard is damning for sure, and I dont believe it isnt true anymore than anyone else here, BUT, that is the foundation of the judicial system.
Obviously not of the court of public opinion.

Of course the public ALWAYS tries things independent of the judicial system :)

Yep, and that is dangerous, and honestly sad, if you go by the presumption of innocence first.

Dont get me wrong, Im guilty of it. It just isnt necessarily right. Especially in a case as bad as this. It can absolutely wreck a life if not true.

Yep, and that is dangerous, and honestly sad, if you go by the presumption of innocence first.

Dont get me wrong, Im guilty of it. It just isnt necessarily right. Especially in a case as bad as this. It can absolutely wreck a life if not true.

But I was so sure Casey Anthony did it. Anyway,I fear that the media are focusing on "small fish" here. With Sandusky,you have a missing D.A.,a judge who lowered his bail who also had ties with his charity,etc. I would not be surprised that McQueary comes out(depending on how long his family & Sandusky were friends) & says that he too was sexually abused by Sandusky as a child,which will into play as to why he responded the way he did when he witnessed the sexual assault on that boy by Sandusky. What is not being brought up is that Sandusky was most likely a member of a ring of predators that most likely includes highly influential people,including politicians,businessmen,law enforcement,judges,etc. No wonder that D.A. is missing.

From Penn State to State Penitentiary. From JoePa to Joe pathetic. Things just seem to keep getting worse in not so Happy Valley these days. Sad to see it.

Has anyone considered that people "might" be innocent here?
Yeah what we have heard is damning for sure, and I dont believe it isnt true anymore than anyone else here, BUT, that is the foundation of the judicial system.

Let's keep in perspective that people are not asking Paterno to try, judge and convict Sandusky. The issue is that Paterno DID NOT call the police on this man, which kept Sandusky OUT of the judicial system for far too long.

If Sandusky is innocent the COURT should decide that, not Joe Paterno back in 2002.

Sandra

Turns out McQueary is saying he did stop Sandusky's attack on the little boy when he came across them in the shower. I always thought the invective hurled toward McQueary, elsewhere and right here in this thread, was a little strange.

Sandra

Let's keep in perspective that people are not asking Paterno to try, judge and convict Sandusky. The issue is that Paterno DID NOT call the police on this man, which kept Sandusky OUT of the judicial system for far too long.

If Sandusky is innocent the COURT should decide that, not Joe Paterno back in 2002.

Sandra

Not defending Joe at all. With an apparent first hand report, better action should have been taken all around. He, and many others dropped the ball here, and possibly allowed more harm to be done to more children.
I am simply noticing that people everywhere are presuming guilt for Sandusky, and that might not be the case. Hell, McQueary "may" have had an agenda here. Who knows?

Anyone hear the Sandusky interview with Costas last night? THAT was creepy. IMHO Sandusky was extremely unconvincing...he likes to touch young boys' legs but not in a sexual way. Oh my goodness. Sounded like a total PR coverup.

Don't just read the quotes...you have to hear Sandusky's voice.

Hopefully he'll get his day in court and the truth will come out.

Sandra

As a non football fan I have been following this story also. 1 thing that I don't understand, why is this just now all coming to light with the charges Sandusky faces? Why not in 2002 or 2003, but in 2011? I definitely think there is much more to the story that has not been revealed. After seeing & hearing old & recent interviews with Sandusky, he reminds me of being Michael Jackson weird if that makes any sense. If more than 1 of the alleged victims comes forth to testify & confirms the the allegations then I hope he gets what he deserves if not there better be some explanations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFL Week 5 Picks (Thursday Game)

Detroit Lions legend Alex Karras has passed away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)