ex-Penn State coach Sandusky sentenced to 30 to 60 years in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the grand jury report on sandusky .I wish i would've never read that :(
I was amazed the people who saw this guy doing this and said nothing to protect their own hides.we're the adults.we are suppose to be taking care of our kids.protecting them from things like this. I see that and I don't know if this guy leaves that room alive.I'm speechless!

I'm so with you on this Rey. If it were my child, it would take an army to keep me away for this worthless sack o' sheet! :mad:

I'm so with you on this Rey. If it were my child, it would take an army to keep me away for this worthless sack o' sheet! :mad:
and even if it wasn't my child you wouldn't be able to pry me off of this piece of human garbage.it was hard enough reading the details about what this guy did. but when I read witnesses,and I mean he was caught more than once,not saying anything because they were afraid to lose their jobs,that's unbelievable!it's just something I can not comprehend.

Hasn't this case been going on since March? HOW is Sandusky STILL (as of last week) allowed on campus!!!!???
things like this prove Joe needs to go right now!how do you ever allow this guy on campus again?!

This is beyond comprehension. To put anything before protecting children is inexcusable, and simply reporting it to the AD - a man no reasonable person could see as Paterno's boss - doesn't pass muster. It may satisfy legal obligations, but we all know it wasn't enough, and so does Joe.

I've admired Jopa and the Penn State program for as long as I can remember for successfully running a clean program. Cheating to win football games, however, pales to insignificance when compared to this, if the allegations are true (& the grand jury report is extremely damning). PSU should dismiss Paterno before he has a chance to retire.

This all happened what 98-'02, it has been known ABOUT ALL THIS TIME AND IT'S NOT TILL now that anything is being done about it ?

When was the original investigation started ?

The other thing - the most important thing - PSU should do is stand up and do everything it can to help the victims of this tragedy. Sadly, because it would admit institutional responsibility, that probably won't happen.

Jimbo said:
This all happened what 98-'02, it has been known ABOUT ALL THIS TIME AND IT'S NOT TILL now that anything is being done about it ?

When was the original investigation started ?

I don't think we've seen the bottom of this pit, but there was an investigation at least as far back as '98.

To make a really bad analogy, Penn State is Mike Tyson or Casius Clay ( "Muhammand Ali" ) . Grevious and vile criminals. BUT, the best boxers of their generations. Thoughtful people temper their opinions of their on-field acomplishments with the facts of their crimes.

Outlaw State is James Toney. A cheat of which nothing he did actually ever happened. Thoughtful people understand that we will never know how good he might have been, had he not been a cheat, are really do not care.

jrp said:
The other thing - the most important thing - PSU should do is stand up and do everything it can to help the victims of this tragedy. Sadly, because it would admit institutional responsibility, that probably won't happen.

Excellent and sad point all rolled together.

Penn State Fires Paterno Effective Immediately

A person familiar with the decision says Penn State football coach Joe Paterno has decided to retire at the end of the season.
The person says Paterno will announce his retirement later Wednesday.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the decision has yet to be announced.
NFL.com news: AP source: PSU coach Paterno to retire at end of season

I don't believe he had any part in this...but he should retire. Prob best thing for Penn St that he is going to leave but they need to hire good to fill that spot...which I'm curious as to choices they are looking at?

Allowing Paterno to retire at the end of the year is not enough. PSU needs to act today to put the football part of this away & focus on the victims. I hope the university has the courage to do so.

To make a really bad analogy, Penn State is Mike Tyson or Casius Clay ( "Muhammand Ali" ) . Grevious and vile criminals. BUT, the best boxers of their generations. Thoughtful people temper their opinions of their on-field acomplishments with the facts of their crimes.

Outlaw State is James Toney. A cheat of which nothing he did actually ever happened. Thoughtful people understand that we will never know how good he might have been, had he not been a cheat, are really do not care.
You are absolutely correct. Those are really bad analogies.

Allowing Paterno to retire at the end of the year is not enough. PSU needs to act today to put the football part of this away & focus on the victims. I hope the university has the courage to do so.
I agree. Who's to say he wasn't going to do this anyway...he's old as Methuselah and hasn't really contributed to the actual coaching for years, just a figurehead. Hopefully he will be of sound mind until his death and his conscience will be his punishment.

Agreed.

How much of a distraction will it be to have JoePa there on Saturday?? If he really had the best interest of his football team and school at heart, he would spare them the embarrassment and step down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)