Exchanging receivers....

tennisgrl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
I have a VIP 622 and DVR 625, and I am about to buy an additional HDTV and want to exchange the DVR 625 for another VIP 622. Anyone know how much Dish is gonna charge me to do this? I tried to ask a CSR via the customer service chat but I couldn't get a straight answer....basically, the recommend I buy one from a retailer. Is that my best option?

I have a VIP 622 and DVR 625, and I am about to buy an additional HDTV and want to exchange the DVR 625 for another VIP 622. Anyone know how much Dish is gonna charge me to do this? I tried to ask a CSR via the customer service chat but I couldn't get a straight answer....basically, the recommend I buy one from a retailer. Is that my best option?
How long have you had your 622? If over a year, you should be able to Dish It Up for $100.00 installed.

Dish just sent me a 622 to replace my 625 for $50. It was a self-install, but the process was very straightforward. I had only been a customer for 10 months. Just make sure you get the 625 shipped back quickly, otherwise they will charge you for the full value of the DVR.

Ted