Existing Customer Deals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

machouse

Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
missouri
I just got off the phone with a CSR , I was wanting to upgrade to HD , she told me I needed a new dish and that would be 99.00 plus installation , Ive been a customer for 5 years and also pay for the protection plan. Are there no deals for existing customers upgrading to HD ?

This confuses me. I am 18 months into a 24 month deal (only been with Dish for 18 months). I called in after getting a mailing about an upgrade deal. I was given a free upgrade to a 722k and if I signed up for the service plan ($6 /mth) it'd be a $15 site visit to install the new dish. So only $15 for the entire deal.

However, this isn't the first time I've read about existing customers having an issue getting upgrades. Did you try to ask for a better CSR that could get you a better deal? I did that with Directv, said I wanted a free upgrade to a DVR and didn't want to pay for DVR service for a year. The CSR told me they couldn't do that and I politely asked to be transferred to someone that could... and that is how I upgraded a number of years ago with Directv.

I just got off the phone with a CSR , I was wanting to upgrade to HD , she told me I needed a new dish and that would be 99.00 plus installation , Ive been a customer for 5 years and also pay for the protection plan. Are there no deals for existing customers upgrading to HD ?

a simple game of csr roulette should take care of this for you. There is no reason that someone with the service plan pays the same as someone without it.

What you were offered is the best deal available, for a NON-922, that is.

If one wants a 922, it is an $400 upgrade unless you are a big fish, then it is $200.

If you feel that you should be offered better than the. e$99.00, than do press the matter. If you've been subscribing to AEP for a while with a few extras and a fair number of PPV or VOD's, you stand a MUCH better chance and will be thrown a few bones at the least. Please don't expect Dish to do much at all if you are below AT250. While there is a value Dish places on customer loyalty, it is the monthly bill--the fatter the better--that gets Dish to crawl way up your . . . :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)