External Hard Drive added to VIP 211

hammerdown36

Original poster
Feb 17, 2013
VA
If you add an external hard drive to a vip 211 receiver, is there a monthly charge for dvr service on top of the one time $40.00 activation fee.

Nope, just the one time $40 fee. It works great. I've have it on my 2 211's since Dish started offering it. Very nice affordable way to get HD Dvr with satellite service.

No. The ViP222 series cannot be made into a DVR.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have a quick question about this also. I had added one to my living room receiver then I upgraded that one to a dvr612. Now I have a 211z in the bedroom and wanted to add to that. Would I be charged or since I had added one to my account before would I be ok

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have a quick question about this also. I had added one to my living room receiver then I upgraded that one to a dvr612. Now I have a 211z in the bedroom and wanted to add to that. Would I be charged or since I had added one to my account before would I be ok

The $40 charge you paid is for your account. You can add that EHD to your 211Z and it will work, free of charge....

Was that $40 for an ehd for another 211 series or for a 6xx or 7xx? If for a 6 or 7 seris, yes, you will have to pay another $40. If you have already paid $40 for a 2 series, no.

Was that $40 for an ehd for another 211 series or for a 6xx or 7xx? If for a 6 or 7 seris, yes, you will have to pay another $40. If you have already paid $40 for a 2 series, no.

I thought the original wording implied that they had a 211 before going with a 612. This is a 211 thread after all... All that said, you are correct, if the original receiver was anything other than a 211 a $40 fee is applied....

The $40 charge you paid is for your account. You can add that EHD to your 211Z and it will work, free of charge....
Adding an EHD to a ViP612 does NOT satisfy the $40 DVR enabling fee for a ViP211.

Further, even if you paid $40 to enable EHD service on a ViP622 (as many early adopters did), you'll need to pay another $40 to enable EHD service on a ViP211.

If they try to charge you $40 again,ask them to waive the fee.They did for us.

Just to beat it to death to make it absolutely clear, $40 is to enable any and all ViP211 series boxes on a single account. There is no longer a fee to enable EHDs on any other Dish receiver. They'll just work- don't even need to call Dish to activate the feature.

It was in a 411 or what ever that receiver was and we replaced it with a 612

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)