External Hard Drive Icons Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I transferred them from my 2 Hoppers on Monday & transferred them to HWS on Tuesday. Not sure if the icons transferred properly to EHD so that must be the issue; icons don't transfer to EHD properly so they aren't there when you transfer them back. Not that big a deal really as long as we can see the shows.

Still disappointed they haven't figured this out yet. Like I stated earlier in this thread, right after S244 came out they were ALL there. A few days later, about half of the icons on the EHD had been replaced by a generic channel logo. I know this isn't that big a deal, but it doesn't seem like it would be too hard for them to resolve. It is so much easier choosing a movie when the correct icons are there. Also, a list view would be nice. I don't think a list view has ever been requested on here.....:D

The question I would ask is "Where are the icons stored?"
In the recording? On the EHD? On the Internal HD? Separate file or embedded?
If in the recording, they would be available immediately.
On the IHD they would just need a proper linkage.
On the EHD could they be disassociated from the recording? Especially when copying.
-Ken

The question I would ask is "Where are the icons stored?"
In the recording? On the EHD? On the Internal HD? Separate file or embedded?
If in the recording, they would be available immediately.
On the IHD they would just need a proper linkage.
On the EHD could they be disassociated from the recording? Especially when copying.
-Ken

I would wager that they're stored in a separate file, and that DISH just hasn't figured out how to copy the info over to the EHD properly.

The H2000 seems to forget the icons. I did not use an EHD for awhile and it now misses icons. Not sure if they will come back with use. Hope so. So suspect they are on the IHD in a buffer, which loses currency. This all since Feb. and much of it much newer. Icons just a nicety but you get used to them. I should go through a lot more of my 14 EHDs but mostly use only 3 or so. The misses were on one used recently. Maybe there is a limit on the internal buffer of icons?
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)