External Hard Drive Keeps Disappearing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I have several drives that worked but I have not used them in a while and now when I plug them in it wants to reformat.
I never had that problem. My H3 complained when I unplugged that EHD, but otherwise I couldn't see that it was even there. Certainly it never asked to reformat.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have my own issues trying to clone an EHD, but the only annoyance for me is in the morning there is the typical on-screen message about a drive having been disconnected. I am not seeing the problems others are having. If pressed though, there are a bunch of little annoyances I could whine about. How about 4x fast forward, a sore that doesn’t heal with time!

Another Linux fix, plugging in the EHD you can go into the drive settings and should be able to disable the drive’s sleep feature.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have 3 EHDs connected to a powered switch which connects to 1 USB port on a H3. The switch is controlled by a remote controlled wall plug. When I want to watch anything on an EHD , I turn on the switch and the 3 EHDs load up. It takes about 2 minutes. When I leave the room, I shut the switch off. Keeps the EHDs from being on all the time. Sometimes I forget to shut the switch off and the next time I turn the H3 on one of the EHDS is always missing. Quickest solution is to shut the switch off and then back on when I want to watch EHD programs.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts