External Hard Drive Keeps Disappearing

I have several drives that worked but I have not used them in a while and now when I plug them in it wants to reformat.
I never had that problem. My H3 complained when I unplugged that EHD, but otherwise I couldn't see that it was even there. Certainly it never asked to reformat.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones. I have my own issues trying to clone an EHD, but the only annoyance for me is in the morning there is the typical on-screen message about a drive having been disconnected. I am not seeing the problems others are having. If pressed though, there are a bunch of little annoyances I could whine about. How about 4x fast forward, a sore that doesn’t heal with time!

Another Linux fix, plugging in the EHD you can go into the drive settings and should be able to disable the drive’s sleep feature.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have 3 EHDs connected to a powered switch which connects to 1 USB port on a H3. The switch is controlled by a remote controlled wall plug. When I want to watch anything on an EHD , I turn on the switch and the 3 EHDs load up. It takes about 2 minutes. When I leave the room, I shut the switch off. Keeps the EHDs from being on all the time. Sometimes I forget to shut the switch off and the next time I turn the H3 on one of the EHDS is always missing. Quickest solution is to shut the switch off and then back on when I want to watch EHD programs.

Reactions: charlesrshell