External Hard Drive Playback Compatibility

linuxlad

Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
usa
I have many recordings saved from a vip612 to an external hard drive.

My first question is, will I be able to play back these videos on a Hopper-Duo without transferring them to the hopper's internal storage? Direct Ext-HDD playback.
Second question is, if I save recordings to an external hard-drive using a Hopper-Duo, will I be able to play them back on a vip612 without transferring them to the internal drive, all within the same account of course.

I found some information on the dish website that external hard-drive recordings are possible between like-receivers as long as they are on the same account, however, I prefer to hear from someone that has actually been able to do this without issue to or from vip612/hopper-duo playback compatibility without having to transfer them first.

Under "Important Facts":
mydish dot com / support / use-ehd

I have many recordings saved from a vip612 to an external hard drive.

My first question is, will I be able to play back these videos on a Hopper-Duo without transferring them to the hopper's internal storage? Direct Ext-HDD playback.
Second question is, if I save recordings to an external hard-drive using a Hopper-Duo, will I be able to play them back on a vip612 without transferring them to the internal drive, all within the same account of course.

I found some information on the dish website that external hard-drive recordings are possible between like-receivers as long as they are on the same account, however, I prefer to hear from someone that has actually been able to do this without issue to or from vip612/hopper-duo playback compatibility without having to transfer them first.

Under "Important Facts":
mydish dot com / support / use-ehd
612 should play back on a Hopper it is basically the same as a 622 or 722. A612 can't be on a Hopper account so question 2 should be NO.

Reactions: pattykay
thanks for the replies, i was thinking the same, for the time been i will stay with the vip612 at least till Dish phases them out.

Reactions: pattykay
Which probably isn’t far off.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)