External Hard Drive Playback Compatibility

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

linuxlad

Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
usa
I have many recordings saved from a vip612 to an external hard drive.

My first question is, will I be able to play back these videos on a Hopper-Duo without transferring them to the hopper's internal storage? Direct Ext-HDD playback.
Second question is, if I save recordings to an external hard-drive using a Hopper-Duo, will I be able to play them back on a vip612 without transferring them to the internal drive, all within the same account of course.

I found some information on the dish website that external hard-drive recordings are possible between like-receivers as long as they are on the same account, however, I prefer to hear from someone that has actually been able to do this without issue to or from vip612/hopper-duo playback compatibility without having to transfer them first.

Under "Important Facts":
mydish dot com / support / use-ehd

I have many recordings saved from a vip612 to an external hard drive.

My first question is, will I be able to play back these videos on a Hopper-Duo without transferring them to the hopper's internal storage? Direct Ext-HDD playback.
Second question is, if I save recordings to an external hard-drive using a Hopper-Duo, will I be able to play them back on a vip612 without transferring them to the internal drive, all within the same account of course.

I found some information on the dish website that external hard-drive recordings are possible between like-receivers as long as they are on the same account, however, I prefer to hear from someone that has actually been able to do this without issue to or from vip612/hopper-duo playback compatibility without having to transfer them first.

Under "Important Facts":
mydish dot com / support / use-ehd
612 should play back on a Hopper it is basically the same as a 622 or 722. A612 can't be on a Hopper account so question 2 should be NO.

Reactions: pattykay
thanks for the replies, i was thinking the same, for the time been i will stay with the vip612 at least till Dish phases them out.

Reactions: pattykay
Which probably isn’t far off.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts