External hard drives for hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My 1.5TB Element has been used a lot over the last 3 years. Right now my available space is 325GB. Never had a hint of a problem. It's loaded with concerts, nature stuff and season series that are waiting to be watched.

Each account has a unique "household key" which remains the same for the duration of the account. If you cancel the account you lose the household key, rendering the EHDs useless until they are reformatted.

To view your household key :-

On Hopper you hit YELLOW - BLUE - 3 - View Counters and scroll down until you see your household key.

On 722 you hit MENU - 6 - 3 - Counters and scroll down until you see your household key.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

The key may change if you ever need a "hit" to get them in sync. That will still leave them all working on the single account. Actually the numbers may differ slightly in the last digits on one of them (had 3) but still work.
-Ken

In MyDish on line account under My Equipment Active Receivers the External Drive Enabled says No for all my receivers. I have never seen any of them say yes since I have had EHDs for the last four or five years now. Has anyone else noticed that in your on line account?

Each account has a unique "household key" which remains the same for the duration of the account. If you cancel the account you lose the household key, rendering the EHDs useless until they are reformatted.

To view your household key :-

On Hopper you hit YELLOW - BLUE - 3 - View Counters and scroll down until you see your household key.

On 722 you hit MENU - 6 - 3 - Counters and scroll down until you see your household key.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

OK 3HaloODST, hit YELLOW - BLUE - 3 !! You must have a magic secret list for the four remote control COLOR buttons!! Why don't you get a patent for the list so you can publish it for us!! LOL

In MyDish on line account under My Equipment Active Receivers the External Drive Enabled says No for all my receivers. I have never seen any of them say yes since I have had EHDs for the last four or five years now. Has anyone else noticed that in your on line account?

That goes back to when you needed to pay for the use of the EHD. Since they became free to use it is no longer populated....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)