Extra Innings HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was reading the EI page that's linked above and at the very bottom I saw this:

"HD games will be scheduled two weeks at a time, please check back for future schedules. 2005 HD games included free for current MLB EXTRA INNINGSSM subscribers only."

Now I might be reading more into this then is there but could this be a hint at some sort of "Super Fan" pack for EI in order to get HD games in 2006? We all know how well that went over with Sunday Ticket.

There won't be enough games in HD to have a Super Fan. But...if I could get my Phillies games in HD (I am out of market) I would gladly pay.

MLB EI subscriber here too. I really wish more of the regional sports networks would start doing HD. Fox Sports Detroit does nothing. They get great ratings for the Tigers (why we don't know) and Red Wings, but no HD.

Does anyone know when the 2006 MLB EI schedule will be published? Hardly seems worth it to lay down the money for this, as an HD fan, if you don't know what will be televised.

They are notoriously late with the SD schedule...believe it or not I think last year it may have showed up for the first month about a day or two before the season started. The HD scheduel is even later and not reliable.

In case you hadn't heard:

"EL SEGUNDO, Calif. & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 22, 2006-- The YES Network (www.yesnetwork.com), DIRECTV, Inc. and MLB.com have reached a multi-year agreement to offer the first-ever interactive TV content for Major League Baseball, on YES Network broadcasts of New York Yankees regular season games in its home telecast market starting in July 2006 -- only on DIRECTV."

(The full text is located at: http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=820490&highlight=)

Hopefully the rest of the RSNs will follow suit.

Baldone said:
In case you hadn't heard:

"EL SEGUNDO, Calif. & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 22, 2006-- The YES Network (www.yesnetwork.com), DIRECTV, Inc. and MLB.com have reached a multi-year agreement to offer the first-ever interactive TV content for Major League Baseball, on YES Network broadcasts of New York Yankees regular season games in its home telecast market starting in July 2006 -- only on DIRECTV."

(The full text is located at: http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=820490&highlight=)

Hopefully the rest of the RSNs will follow suit.

Oh goodie..More useless gimmicks!!!

mrmageaux said:
Does anyone know when the 2006 MLB EI schedule will be published? Hardly seems worth it to lay down the money for this, as an HD fan, if you don't know what will be televised.

I think they are attracting the Baseball Fans. If it happens to be in HD great! But, I am watching my Phillies in SD before I am going to tune in a game just because it is in HD. If HD games are your concern, I can tell you now that unfortunately you won't get enough with EI to satisfy you.

Proc said:
MLB EI subscriber here too. I really wish more of the regional sports networks would start doing HD. Fox Sports Detroit does nothing. They get great ratings for the Tigers (why we don't know) and Red Wings, but no HD.
Even if they did we still wouldn't get them in HD on D*

As a Braves fan the only way I can get all of their games is to be an EI subscriber. I really don't care enough to watch many other games. For some reason D* doesn't think Florida is part of the South so Turner South doesn't come into Florida (I'm 12 miles from Georgia where I COULD get it!!!:mad: )

All that being said, unless the Braves are mostly in HD, I'm not going to get EI. But why wouldn't they be? TBS is in HD and I bet all of the Braves games on TBS are in HD. Am I right or wrong?

scotsmanron said:
As a Braves fan the only way I can get all of their games is to be an EI subscriber. I really don't care enough to watch many other games. For some reason D* doesn't think Florida is part of the South so Turner South doesn't come into Florida (I'm 12 miles from Georgia where I COULD get it!!!:mad: )

All that being said, unless the Braves are mostly in HD, I'm not going to get EI. But why wouldn't they be? TBS is in HD and I bet all of the Braves games on TBS are in HD. Am I right or wrong?
Unfortunately D* has no control of markets where pro sports are broadcast, and yes more than likely Braves home games are in HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)