Fact or Fiction: Lake Charles, Louisiana new CBS/ABC station KRDF

localclassictvfan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 26, 2015
Lafayette, Louisiana
Call me crazy but I went on KPLC wiki page and then scrolled to the bottom and when I opened the "Television stations in Southewest Louisiana including lake charles", It showed the kplc, kvhp, the 19, 43, 45 and all that and I noticed one that had KRDF (22.1 CBS, 22.2 ABC). There is no page for it but someone must have inside information to put that down. Apparently none of us knew because it would have been posted before tvnewscheck got a hold of it. Interesting fact/fiction here...

Can't you notify Wikipedia of the false posting?
There is no article of said station....its just in the footnotes of "stations in the area"....and frankly I dont care enough to "report it". I got better things to do

Also, is Lake Charles able to support local affiliates of all Big 4 networks?
Jonesboro does....and they are smaller
NorthPlatte does...and they are smaller yet

And do CBS and ABC have any plans to expand into Lake Charles?
well obviously someone thinks they do....as they put it on wiki

Just looking at a basic tvfool (center of town 20 feet up) both ABC & CBS from Beaumont, TX & Lafayette, LA say its possible with a attic mount antenna. the ABC from Beaumont and the CBS from Lafayette are on VHF so that hinders indoor antenna reception

As the case in smaller markets (short markets) they do want all 4 nets if possible in the market. And CBS & ABC would probably be the best to program when it comes to carrying it from the get-go as they have the most "national programming" of the 4 nets.
CBS has from (central time) 7-9, 10-noon, 12:30-3 along with 5:30 news, and primetime
ABC has 7-9, 10-11, noon-2 along with 5:30 news and primetime

The question would be would you get the eyeballs? There are people who probably have watched CBS & ABC from Lafayette for 40 years as they have been the defacto affiliates for that area and probably wouldnt change unless cable pulls them and puts in the "new" affiliates (which probably would piss off people).

You'd gain the folks who can't get ABC & CBS reliably right now.
Whats the worst case? Raycom buys the LP station, throws ABC & CBS on there and now you have a Lima, OH situation with one owner having all 4 nets?

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Can't you notify Wikipedia of the false posting? Also, is Lake Charles able to support local affiliates of all Big 4 networks? And do CBS and ABC have any plans to expand into Lake Charles?
The page for KRDF does not exist. If you go to Wikipedia and type KPLC and scroll down to where it says tv stations in the area and open it up the call letters are in red. Thats all nothing really false to report there..

The page for KRDF does not exist. If you go to Wikipedia and type KPLC and scroll down to where it says tv stations in the area and open it up the call letters are in red. Thats all nothing really false to report there..
Is there an echo in here? ;)

There is no article of said station....its just in the footnotes of "stations in the area"....and frankly I dont care enough to "report it". I got better things to do
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/posts/3866275/

Reactions: localclassictvfan
Well it must have been fiction as I see its no longer listed in the "Television stations in Southewest Louisiana including lake charles" at the bottom of a Lake Charles TV station wiki page

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts