Fall Season: any new shows worth watching?

The one show I'm keeping, even though the premise keeps getting more out there, is Outlaw. I like the show. But we start with a relatively young SC Justice who resigns, has a gambling problem and a problem paying his bookie? Really? Which SC Justice can you remember that even acted like they were normal folks in real life?

From what I've read over the weekend, it's not IF it's canceled, it's WHEN. Each week, the numbers go lower.

Here's a Law & Order that has popped up in Canada this season -

Law & Order| UK - citytv.com

Haven't watched a full episode yet, but the judges were wearing wigs.

Yep, I cam across it once and didn´t feel like watching until another thread was started about it here in the site.
I think it was Thursday that I watched a full episode, not bad, and yes what you mentioned caught my attention, that and the way they would refer to the judge, it was an interesting episode where the accused defended himself.

Just finished seeing Law & Order UK. After getting used to the accent (not the BBC English I was expecting) I really enjoyed this show. It showed the same grit and style as the original L & O. The story was put together well, and other than getting used to the terminology I thought it could have been just any other orignial L & O. This is a good thing. :)

I suppose the issue is whether they're running a business or programming their DVR. If they're running a business, then yes, after two episodes, they can definitely tell a lot. While there are a few exceptions, generally, programs in the past that have done this poorly, when given a chance for viewers to find it, have failed. And indeed, the extent to which that happens overwhelms the very few times that the opposite happens.

Those failures translate into real money - investors' money - and the fiduciary responsibility to investors trumps any imagined obligation to "give a show a chance".

So, as people programming their own DVR, perhaps they are idiots. However, as people running a network, they're professional, knowledgeable, experienced, and responsible.

Both were, on certain levels, very sub-standard.

blah blah blah.....

Just finished seeing Law & Order UK. After getting used to the accent (not the BBC English I was expecting) I really enjoyed this show. It showed the same grit and style as the original L & O. The story was put together well, and other than getting used to the terminology I thought it could have been just any other orignial L & O. This is a good thing. :)

Another option for my weekly dose of L&O shows. ;)

Wouldn't it be funny if they took the old L & O scripts, changed around a few of the particulars, and repacked it will a bloody English-speaking cast of characters.

It's new to me.. :)

Wouldn't it be funny if they took the old L & O scripts, changed around a few of the particulars, and repacked it will a bloody English-speaking cast of characters.

It's new to me.. :)

Based on episode #1, it is exactly what they are doing. I know, a sample of one and all that! :)

The entire first 3 seasons are retread scripts.

Wiki even lists which show the script came from.

Law & Order: UK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep, I notice the episode I watched last week L&O UK S3E3 is the original L&O S6E21

The investigation into multiple homicides at a clothing store leads to the arrest of a schizophrenic who presents McCoy with a formidable opponent when he decides to represent himself. (From original L&O description).

Difference is the people wearing wigs in the courtroom and instead of your honor the judge was "My Lord".

New shows I am still watching...

Out of all the new shows, here is what I am still watching:

The Defenders (weekly)
Blue Bloods (most of the time)
The Whole Truth (have of the time)

Shows I am still watching, but have been dropping in my viewing excitement:

Detroit 1-8-7 (was loving it, but suddently getting tired of it)
The Event (still watch, but find myself fastforwarding through more and more)

May be added to the viewing schedule: (depends on what happens above)

$#*! My Dad Says (didn't hate, but didn't have time for...hearing good things)
Law & Order: Los Angeles (just didn't have time for it)

Still watching and LOVE "The Defenders".
Still watching "The Whole Truth" though some of the interaction between the prosecution and defense is getting a little old.
Still watching "L & O" from LA and London, "Blue Bloods"

Recording, but not watching "Undercovers", "Detroit 1-8-7".
Recording and archiving "The Event". I will watch it if it survives to a conclusion.

I tried to watch Blue bloods, Defenders but didn't really like either. I passed on the Whole truth and it is a good thing I did since they canceled it. The only shows I still watch is Chase and The Event, but find myself bored on the later. I doubt it will last till next year. SH*t my Dad says is okay but not really that funny. I do like Mike and Molly as a new show. But in all, this has been a real disappointing tv season for new shows.

I pulled the Event from my viewing. Wanted to like it, primarily because I like Jason Ritter, but it was not there for me. Too many better things to do than to watch drivel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts