Fall Season: any new shows worth watching?

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
Slim pickings in my opinion - there are very few shows that generate even a mild interest. Once the Criminal Minds, CSIs and Fringe return for their fall premier I doubt that I'll try more than 3-4 of the new shows. Although I don't have much hope, I do my best to take a look at: The Defender, My Dad Says, Hawaii Five-O, Blue Bloods, Detroit 1-8-7, Law & Order: LA, Chase, Outlaw, Lone Star, and The Event. To be honest, I see myself watching Blue Blood (it's on a non-competitive timeslot), Detroit 1-8-7, and perhaps the new Law & Order. We shall see.

CBS
The Defenders - Wednesday, Sept. 22 10pm EST
$#*! My Dad Says - Thursday, Sept. 23 8:30pm EST
Hawaii Five-O - Monday, Sept. 20 10pm EST
Blue Bloods - Friday, Sept. 24 10pm EST
Mike & Molly - Monday, Sept. 20 9:30pm EST

ABC
Better With You - Wednesday, Sept. 22 8:30pm EST
Body of Proof - Friday, Sept. 24 9pm EST
Detroit 1-8-7 - Tuesday, Sept. 21 10pm EST
Hellcats - Wednesday, Sept. 8 9pm EST
My Generation - Thursday, Sept. 23 8pm EST
No Ordinary Family - Tuesday, Sept. 28 8pm EST
The Whole Truth - Wednesday, Sept. 22 10pm EST

NBC
Chase - Monday, Sept. 20 10pm EST
The Event - Monday, Sept. 20 9pm EST
Law & Order: Los Angeles - Wednesday, Sept. 22 10pm EST
Outlaw - Friday, Sept. 24 10pm EST
Outsourced - Thursday, Sept. 23 9:30pm EST
School Price - Friday, Oct. 15 8pm EST
Undercovers - Wednesday, Sept. 22 9pm EST

Fox
Lone Star - Monday, Sept. 20 9pm EST
Raising Hope - Tuesday, Sept. 21 9pm EST
Running Wilde - Tuesday, Sept. 21 9:30pm EST

Looking forward to Hawaii Five 0 and L&O LA
Having watched the original H50, I'm thinking that I am going to be disapointed with the remake...expecially after seeing the promos. But who knows. Out of all the new shows I am probably most interested in checking-out L&O: LA...if nothing else just to see how it compares to the others in the franchise.

Having watched the original H50, I'm thinking that I am going to be disapointed with the remake...expecially after seeing the promos. But who knows. Out of all the new shows I am probably most interested in checking-out L&O: LA...if nothing else just to see how it compares to the others in the franchise.

Hopefully Law & Order LA will not follow the same road than Law & Order Trial by Jury did...

I've actually gotten used to NCIS-LA. It is not the original, for sure, but if taken on its own its a passable hour. In my case it's really 45 minutes because I DVR it.

Watching NBC´s trailers for The Event has got me intrigued already...

It looks interesting, but I worry that it will be another flash forward type where you muddle through half a season just starting to learn about it and then it is canceled before anything is really revealed.

Looking forward to No Ordinary Family. As for Hawaii Five O , I don't know. Has any remake of a TV show ever made it?

I don´t think there has been a prior remake for Hawaii Five O, and I certainly hope it does not result in what happened to abc´s remake of "V" (we are of peace...always..)

I don´t think there has been a prior remake for Hawaii Five O, and I certainly hope it does not result in what happened to abc´s remake of "V" (we are of peace...always..)

It just shows the total lack of creative thinking in Hollywood. Bringing back TV shows is boring. Hawaii Five-O might make it . Who knows. But can't anyone think of a new idea? A total new show ? It's sad really.

My Plan for the new shows...

Well, I'm hoping to catch many of the new fall shows in the coming week. Of course, considering that I only have time to watch one or two new shows regularly...it won't be easy to give 'em all a propery viewing. As much as I love my TivoHD and Premier, I still hate the fact they only have two tuners - even though I have OTA. Anyway, here is my plan:

Added new timers (lowest priority) - these are the shows I am most interested in checking-out:

- Hawaii Five-O
- Detroit 1-8-7
- The Whole Truth
- The Defenders
- Blue Bloods

I'm also interested in checking-out Law & Order: Los Angeles, but I already have timers set for The Defenders and The Whole Truth. Of course, I am sure one of both of these timers will be deleted after samping the shows.

I am mildly interested in checking out Chase, but I have timers set for Hawaii Five-O and Castle during this time-slot. However, I get the feeling I won't be interested in Hawaii Five-O...and I am almost certain that Chase will suck anyway.

Shows I really don't want to see, yet added timers:

- Lone Star (Mon 9pm)
- Raising Hope (Tue 9pm)
- Running Wilde (Tue 9:30pm)
- Hellcast (Wed 9pm)

I would rather my timers fired for:

- FlashForward
- Jericho
- Invasion