Fall Season: any new shows worth watching?

CW programming started this week. Thursdays Nikita looks interesting.

Yep, I agree

riffjim4069;2330665Added new timers (lowest priority) - these are the shows I am most interested in checking-out: - Hawaii Five-O - Detroit 1-8-7 - The Whole Truth - The Defenders - Blue Bloods [I said:
I´m looking forward to Hawaii Five-O premiere tomorrow[/I]

I'm also interested in checking-out Law & Order: Los Angeles,

This is one that has me also interested, I´ve followed the Law & Order franchises and I enjoy them (mostly L&O CI and the exception would be the
.short lived Law & Order Trial by Jury, but even that one I watched every chance I had.

This is one that has me also interested, I´ve followed the Law & Order franchises and I enjoy them (mostly L&O CI and the exception would be the .short lived Law & Order Trial by Jury, but even that one I watched every chance I had.
Yeah, I'm most interested in Law & Order: LA because it's a known product (we know what we're going to get, to some extent, with the franchise). However, I am going to check-out the other two shows because they are unknowns. The Defenders (with Jim Beluchi) does not look like very good based on the short preview I saw. I don't see this show lasting more than 13-episodes...but who knows. Surprisingly, The Whole Truth (with Rob Morrow) looks pretty good, but it will be interesting to see if this show gets old quickly. Still...I am seriously considering dumping The Defenders and setting a timer for L&O: LA instead. Offhand, I don't see how three "Legal Shows" (2 1/2 new shows no less) can go head-to-head-to-head in the Wednesday 10pm timeslot. Someone is going to lose.

I have the 922 with 2 sat and 2 ota tuners. I have the DISH dtv pal plus dvr with 2 ota tuners. I also have distant networks from L.A. on my 922. So I am well covered for network tv series this fall. IF my 922 doesn't crap out due to buggy software. It is still not reliable on all recordings.

So I will record on my 922 during prime time, my ota ABC and ota FOX station and if I need it the CW on satellite. I will record through L.A. Distant nets, Cbs and NBC. I will also back up the CBS and NBC Stations through my dtv pal plus dvr for ota. So I hope not to miss any shows.

I also dropped Platinum pack and all premium movie channels. I subbed to Netflix for online content that can be downloaded to my computer and viewed on my 922. So far it works great and the pq is pretty good. I even get some in HD. I also have 97 hd movies recorded on my 922 from satellite. SO I am covered for movies this year. Come summer I will probably re add HBO for summer series tv ,like True Blood, Hung and Entourage. So I am saving about $35.00 a month on my dish bill my making these cuts.

This new fall season is going to really test my 922 for recordings. I have about 4 manual timers set up for two hour blocks on Fox ,Cbs and Abc for Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays. I also have about 60 timers set and that isn't including any new shows that will pop up during the season. I only wish I had my external hard drive archiving working so I could free up my receiver's hard drive for more series tv shows.

Hawaii Five-O: I hate seeing the network portray a military man in uniform...who is not propery shaven. It makes me want to reach into the TV and slap the actor and the show's producer. Anyway, what does everyone think of the show?

I was nicely impressed tonight with The Event,, and just watched Hawaii Five-0 I liked the intro reminding me of the original version, in general I liked the action, I guess I´ll have to get used to the new McGarrett

Not bad. Some of the machismo was over-the-top (i.e., does every cop fight in public?), however if they tone it down a bit CBS may have a solid show on their hands. Offhand, it's woth and 2nd and 3rd look.

So far the only new timers I added were:

The Event - nice starting episode, so far looks good
Lonestar - haven't watched it yet, premier is on the DVR
No Ordinary Family - doesn't start til next week

Seems to be a lot of lawyer shows this year, which I've never cared for. The only lawyer shows I ever liked were Perry Mason and Matlock. Bunch of cops shows too, which aren't my fortee. I do like the CSI type, but those are a different breed.

Oh well, at least with only 3 additions, I won't have too much time taken up by the boob tube.

Looking foward to seeing the Event and the chase on the DVR and Hawaii 5.0, and also looking foward to Detroit 1-8-7

Hawaii 5-0 kept its timer, along with the Event. I still have not watched The Chase or Lonestar to evaluate. Mike & Molly probably going to get the axe - will watch another, am disappointed considering Chuck Lorre other shows are 2 1/2 men and Big Bang Theory.

I almost gave up on the event 1/2 way through, but decided to stick it out. If it continues jumping back and forth in the timeline the rest of the season I will not watch it. 5-0 will probably take a couple episodes to either gel or self distruct.

I've got a 722k w/OTA module, so I have them all on trial, so to speak.

So far Boardwalk Empire on HBO gets the nod. I think this will turn out to be very good. Outlaw is good too, even though the premise is dumb. I mean come on, a relatively young Supreme Court justice is hard enough to take, and then resign? And of course, Jimmy Smits has more personality than any SC Justice in my 66 years of living.

Mike & Molly didn't even get 15 minutes of watching before the timer got deleted. Lone Star was boring to me, I'll give it one more chance.

Outlaw is good too, even though the premise is dumb. I mean come on, a relatively young Supreme Court justice is hard enough to take, and then resign? And of course, Jimmy Smits has more personality than any SC Justice in my 66 years of living.

Just as matter of reference, Jimmy Smits is 55 years old. The Chief Justice, John Roberts is 55 years old. The two junior Justices, Sonia Sotomayor is 56 and Elena Kagan is 50 years old. We've got one third of the Court in their early to middle 50s.....

Just as matter of reference, Jimmy Smits is 55 years old. The Chief Justice, John Roberts is 55 years old. The two junior Justices, Sonia Sotomayor is 56 and Elena Kagan is 50 years old. We've got one third of the Court in their early to middle 50s.....

I hadn't realized he was that old. Time flies I guess!! :)

But he seems younger, and certainly seems much younger than any of the SC justices. They all seem old regardless of actual age.

Just finished watching The Event and Chase. The Event looks to be very good and should develop nicely.

Chase, OTOH, is pretty boring for an action cop show, imo. I'll give it one more chance to see if the next episode isn't so boring and see if they can stop telegraphing every darned next move. So predictable! :(

I checked-out Detroit 1-8-7 last night. Overall, it was OK. I'll give it another look or two before deciding if the show grabs my attention and can be added to my competitive viewing schedule.

I'd give it an OK+.

I'd give it an OK+.
I felt like that at time...howevever, it's hard to tell if a new show is going to run its course quickly (like a mini-series) or develop a plot and interesting cast of characters to sustain a series. To be honest, I hated some of my favorite shows when I saw the pilot...but the writes and producers were able to "tweak" the final product and everything worked out well after they managed to avoid being cancelled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)