Falling Skies - TNT

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
I'm not even going to bother watching until I see if it makes it. My luck is that I'll watch it and like it - only to find out that it is cancelled the next week. I don't want to waste my summer indoor time on something that is going to disappoint.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I'm not even going to bother watching until I see if it makes it. My luck is that I'll watch it and like it - only to find out that it is cancelled the next week. I don't want to waste my summer indoor time on something that is going to disappoint.

I agree. I decided not to even bother anymore with this show. I deleted the timer.

dangue

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 29, 2007
SF Bay Area
For what its worth: These summer seasons on cable channels are so short that I've never noticed one being cut short. The big question is whether there'll be more than one season. That's why I'm much more likely to start watching the new cable series (As opposed to new shows on Fall network tv which can be pulled as early as 2-4 episodes in).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I have only seen the 2 hour pilot. So far I like it though it is a bit dericaticve (part District 9, part V, maybe even part Lost) but I will see where it goes. If nothing else it has Moon Bloodgood and Sarah Carter.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I just watched the entire series so far today, and I think you have to give this a bit of time; it starts slow, but it has really gotten good, so that by the time I got through the last one today, I was ready for the next one. Spielberg did a good job with this one. I like it.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I predict cancellation by the fall or it simply won't come back next summer. Like all sci-fi shows on just about any network , it won't catch on with the general public.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I predict cancellation by the fall or it simply won't come back next summer. Like all sci-fi shows on just about any network , it won't catch on with the general public.
I've cancelled it already...deleted timer.;)

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
You guys are harsh. I know the odds are long, but it is on TNT, and only runs 10 episodes, so its possible it could get a second season. I think it has some potential, but only on cable, not on the major nets.

mloebl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2004
MA
I'm enjoying it; which is also probably why it will be doomed ;) It reminds me a bit of Jericho (which I also enjoyed.)

-Mike

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I like the show so far. It is a little slow but it is just starting too.

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
osu1991 said:
Well it was renewed for a second season today to air next summer. I've actually liked what I've seen so far.

Great news! tNT knows better than to cancel Speilberg. :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts