Favorite Android Apps

Where do I find these free Kindle books? Are they done through Amazon? I did a google search and I found a bunch of sites that seem to have free books, but I don't see any real way to confirm the authenticity of the books. And it looks like on Amazon there's no "free books" section and people have to go and search all around to find the books that cost $0.00. So where's the best place to go to get good, legitimate free kindle books?

Install the kindle app on your pc/phone, and then go into the kindle store through amazon. Search best-sellers, and select the option for FREE books. Under Kindle Store, Kindle Bestsellers, there are two lists, top 100 paid and top 100 free. There is also a page for Free Book collections, and that has a link to limited-time offers"

Since the rise of the "agency model" (whereby the publishers I forcing amazon to charge more than $9.99 for new books), there seem to be less "free" books, but there are a lot more that are just $1.99 or $2.99. Over the past year I have gotten a lot of good books for free; some from big authors, some from relatively new folks.

I follow a Kindle Blog (kindle nation daily), that has a constantly updated listed of new free or low-price books.

Silly question...what happens when I hit "Buy" while in the Android Market. Am I prompted for a credit card or is it charged to my wireless account. I was surprised that I couldn't easily find this information at the Market.

Thanks in advance. :hatsoff:

Silly question...what happens when I hit "Buy" while in the Android Market. Am I prompted for a credit card or is it charged to my wireless account. I was surprised that I couldn't easily find this information at the Market.

Thanks in advance. :hatsoff:

It will take you to the Google checkout and if you have a credit card saved it will allow you to buy right there.

Angry Birds has moved out of Beta and is now available. IT's not on the market yet, but if you want it now go to http://noodlesoftware.com/downloads/angrybirds_1.3.5.apk

(Note: This isn't the official distributor of the game but considering the "official" site is getting hammered and keeps going down, you're better off just going here. I went there and the file downloads fast and safely.)

Angry Birds has moved out of Beta and is now available. IT's not on the market yet, but if you want it now go to http://noodlesoftware.com/downloads/angrybirds_1.3.5.apk

(Note: This isn't the official distributor of the game but considering the "official" site is getting hammered and keeps going down, you're better off just going here. I went there and the file downloads fast and safely.)

Thanks. Downloaded and copied to my Dropbox Android folder (a great way to install android apps from PCs without hooking up the USB cable!) will install in a bit.

My favorite app is that wickedly-cool Forum Runner beta app used to access SatelliteGuys. Oh, my daughter will love playing Angry Birds...

Not my favorite app persay, but it is very nice, and a great way to browse Satguys.... now if I could run that on a Samsung Galaxy Tab, tab would be quite nice. :D :D

Not my favorite app persay, but it is very nice, and a great way to browse Satguys.... now if I could run that on a Samsung Galaxy Tab, tab would be quite nice. :D :D
It's great...because I can once again drive with my knees while eating breakfast, drinking coffee, watching TV, checking email...and once again browsing the SatelliteGuys forums. :eek:

I do that all the time. Really handy and almost as fast -- the convenience makes up for it though !

Yeah, the Dropbox app is one of the most valuable additions to the Droid in general, and the ability to install apps from it is just icing on the cake, particularly since I often find apps while on the laptop or desktop!

If I had to pick one app that symbolizes the internet (after Netscape), it would be WinAmp.
And now it is available for Android
Winamp comes to Android, one of our childhood dreams is realized -- Engadget

IIRC, when AOL bought Nullsoft circa 1999, Frankel (the writer of WinAmp) wasn't legal drinking age...:)

Works very nice on Nexus One.

Diogen.

I don't know when the news broke today but it was on the Market yesterday morning. I thought it was funny and after AOHELL bought Winamp I stop using it. 1997-99 4eva

One app from the iPhone I wish they would port to the android is Music Dock. It was a Sirius XM Player that worked and did a lot more then the official Sirius XM app.

BTW good to see you Steve. :D

Never used the Music Dock app on the iPhone. The regular Sirius XM app is a bit clunky but okay I guess. A widget would be great, but I don’t see them doing that anytime soon considering it took almost two months for them to release a version that was compatible with Froyo. The only app I’m missing from the iPhone is StubHub.

My most used Android apps are:
Bank Of America
Best Buy
Fox News
Fox Business
Dolphin Browser HD
IMDB
Sirius XM
Pandora
Winamp
Shazam Encore
ESPN ScoreCenter