Favorite Remote Control

Status
Please reply by conversation.

redrocker

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
The Beach
I need a general concensus on a remote that works well with *tv (TiVo), Denon 3806, Sony hgtv, etc...

i prefer the directv remote and guide over tivo. the only thing i like better about tivo is the ease of finding/recording programs.

i prefer the directv remote and guide over tivo. the only thing i like better about tivo is the ease of finding/recording programs.

What DVR are you currently using ?
I have the HR20-700 and find it VERY easy to record channels.
I use the mini guide all thetime and find the channel I want to record and go to INFO and hit RECORD, thats it ....

Jimbo

What DVR are you currently using ?
I have the HR20-700 and find it VERY easy to record channels.
I use the mini guide all thetime and find the channel I want to record and go to INFO and hit RECORD, thats it ....

Jimbo

if you know the channel you want, they both work great, but i'm talking about tivo's recognition and grouping functions. i think they are more user friendly and specific than the directv interface.

edit - i'm sorry. not sure what my comments have to do with the differences in remote. i'm talking about the functions of the system itself. please disregard my reading comprehension problem tonight.

I use the Harmony 688. Got it for $120 at tigerdirect.com last year and love it.

It controls my HR10-250, Sony TV, JVC VCR, Yamaha Receiver, Pioneer 300 disc CD changer, Pioneer 6+1 cassette deck, and Slimline PS2 (DVD controls).

All of the commands were downloaded into the remote from the Logitech/Harmony website, but it can also learn commands from the original remote (I haven't needed to do this for any commands, but tried it just to see how easy it was).

I too use the Harmony, but instead the 720. I like the ergonomics of the 520/550/720 series better than the peanut shaped models.

Harmony 880 for us. We like everything about it except that the IR beam is narrow and you have to have "good aim."

Today, I'd pay the extra for the Harmony with RF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)