Favre wants out of Green Bay and to play again!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- Three days after a conference call with Packers team officials in which quarterback Brett Favre emphatically expressed his desire to play in 2008, Favre on Friday formally asked by letter for his unconditional contractual release, sources close to Favre and the team said.

The letter was sent by Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, via overnight mail on Thursday and arrived at the Packers facility Friday morning.

Cook, on behalf of Favre, expressed a desire to have an amicable parting, as the Packers have been reluctant to embrace his return. Favre announced his retirement in early March. During a conference call on Tuesday that included Packers general manager Ted Thompson, Packers coach Mike McCarthy, Favre and Cook, sources say that the quarterback stated emphatically that he wanted to play again.

For full article....

ESPN - Favre seeks unconditional release from Packers, sources say - NFL

The question is:

Does he play somewhere else, or does he not play at all?

From the above article. Although Favre hasn't come out and issued a statement, ESPN's sources seem to indicate that he wishes to play. See highlights to answers your question....

During a conference call on Tuesday that included general manager Ted Thompson, Packers coach Mike McCarthy, Favre and Cook, sources say that the quarterback stated emphatically that he wanted to play again.

Cook's letter did suggest that Favre's accomplishments for the franchise merited the team honoring his request to be released, also asking that the action be taken "with no strings attached." Favre does not want to be traded, sources said, because he wants the freedom of choice to play for another franchise.

Favre has been in communication with McCarthy during the past month about his desire to play but until this week had not spoken with Thompson.

Favre did not wish to speak publicly about his situation when approached while working out Friday morning at a local high school in Hattiesburg. He appeared to be in excellent physical condition and threw the ball with ease, even throwing it 50 yards "on a rope" with high school receivers. He has been throwing and running with the team for more than a month.

Favre was relaxed and in a positive frame of mind, joking and telling stories about himself, former teammates and coaches. He planned to continue working out next week.

BTW Sabres, aren't you from Wisconsin? Turn on the local AM sports talk. ESPN is going nuts over this breaking news! Green Bay's gotta have mixed feelings about this....

Why?

Why can't these guys walk away from their sport and make a clean break? More often than not, they end up just messing their legacy. The roar of the greasepaint and the smell of the crowd must be some tough drug to kick!

I am disappointed (but not surprised) in Brett's move.

Why can't these guys walk away from their sport and make a clean break? More often than not, they end up just messing their legacy. The roar of the greasepaint and the smell of the crowd must be some tough drug to kick!

I am disappointed (but not surprised) in Brett's move.

I don't think he'll be happy until/if he wins another Super Bowl. Maybe he wants to go out like John Elway?

Either way, Favre's a competitor, but I don't see this ending well. Based on last year, he can still play, but if he goes to another team, he will have to learn a whole new system and gell with a whole new o-line and team. His career window may be just another year or two. Plus, it just won't be right to see him in a uniform other than the Packers.

Then why did he quit in March? They would have taken him back then in a heartbeat. Now it would be a slap to the the QB who has waited his turn patiently.

This could be another Joe Montana situation..... Many great years in San Francisco.... Two forgettable ones in Kansas City....

Oy!

I just read the FOXsports.com story on it and it is mind-boggling. He has flip-flopped on his decision to retire in the past few weeks more than a gay couple on their honeymoon!!!:eek:

It is quite obvious that he is having "seperation issues" from the game he adores...and just like an addict, he is making quite a few enemies along the way to the inevitable end.

It's too bad. He was always a class guy and fun to watch and listen to. Now as BillD1984, I wish Brett would just go away...quickly!

Less. Favre has done nothing wrong. He's an addict to the game.

BTW, what are the cheese-heads in Wisconsin saying about this Sabres?!

Well, I know some Packers fan who are very torn over this.

They think that if Favre were to join another team, it may depend on who. If the Vikings or Bears.... can you say traitor? That's the feeling I get.

If an outsider team that's not exactly a rival, then maybe it won't be as painful.

I remember when Hasek allegedly retired after leading the Red Wings to a Cup in 2002, only to come back a short while later.

Of course, Hasek won a second Cup and really DID retire.

Whatever happened to the days of 'Great player hangs it up' instead of this flip-flop stuff?

I can't imagine if Ray Bourque, Patrick Roy, or John Elway ever tried a stunt like this.

Whatever happened to the days of 'Great player hangs it up' instead of this flip-flop stuff?I can't imagine if Ray Bourque, Patrick Roy, or John Elway ever tried a stunt like this.

Well, Sabres...we just had one. Mike Piazza retired in as classy a way as possible. No press conference...no tearful farewell. I always respected him and he left the game deserving of every bit of that more than a decade of respect!

And we will love seeing him as a first ballot hall of famer when he is eligible in 4-5 years.

Meanwhile, Clemens, the guy that beaned him in the head rather than try and beat the guy fair and square who had been batting more than .500 against him probably shot his chances to be standing next to him anytime soon.....

Ok Packer fans, can you imagine seeing number four in a Vikings jersey or do I dare a bears jersey!!!

Two teams who seem to pop out of intrest if they cut him and he can be a free agent

Then why did he quit in March? They would have taken him back then in a heartbeat. Now it would be a slap to the the QB who has waited his turn patiently.

This could be another Joe Montana situation..... Many great years in San Francisco.... Two forgettable ones in Kansas City....

Don't forget Johnny Unitas, or Joe Namath. Both moved on to finish their careers in other towns with nothing to show for it.

Farve mentioned that he wants to be released so he can chose where he wants to play, he's already said he wants to play for a warm weather team and wants a team that will contend this year.
Not to many teams ready to contend that don't have star QB's already.

Maybe Jacksonville is the place he out to go.
Nothing wrong with Garrard, just think they can get farther with Favre, regardless they have to QUIT beating my Steeler's every year.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)