Fed up with D* and 6.3a crap!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My 6 year old whines until I give him what he wants too. As I stated at the begining of the thread, if the object is to whine till they give you something else, than you are the master. Enjoy it for a couple of weeks and then maybe you can think of something else to cry about so you can get another freebie and feel good about yourself again.

Well put. :up

By all means, do as you please. Just don't keep beating the rest of us over the head about how unhappy you are with service that YOU CHOSE to subscribe to!
There you go again. I didnt start the thread nor did I tell anyone what to do. Yet you keep running at the mouth barking orders. :rolleyes:

There you go again. I didnt start the thread nor did I tell anyone what to do. Yet you keep running at the mouth barking orders. :rolleyes:

Oldguy1 keeps D* so that he can whine long enough and loud enough that a CSR finally gives him freebies (he admits to more than $2K of free equipment and/or services in another post, not counting his latest free HR20).

Vurbano, how about you?

Do you get freebies from D* or is it that you just enjoy griping so much you can't help yourself? For the last several years all you've done is bitch about D*'s PQ, HD bit rates, service, etc, etc.

You claim you'll quit after 2007 if they don't improve!

Could we get that in writing?

Just some observations.

Last edited:
I started this thread and it seems to have degenerated into personal attacks on people expressing their opinions. I suggest the moderator terminate this thread.

ok last night I got 6.3b. No notice or anything, it just downloaded and installed on it's own. I thought I was dreaming.

Last edited:
The national roll out to activate the OTA tuners began last night.

What's to gripe about now?

You people are mixing up receivers now.
What does the OTA tuners have to do with this thread, it's OP is refering to the software upgrade for the HR10-250 not the HR20-700

You people are mixing up receivers now.
What does the OTA tuners have to do with this thread, it's OP is refering to the software upgrade for the HR10-250 not the HR20-700

I don't think we are Jimbo. In his opening post Oldguy1 referred to the HR20-700 as a piece of s*#t. Several posts later another poster (Mtnmike, if my memory is correct) mentioned that his piece of s*#t HR20-700 was working just fine. The thread sort of begain to combine discussions of problems with 6.3a and the HR10-250s and problems with the OTA receivers not being activated on the HR-20-700s (Vurbano's post).

If I'm wrong on this, I'm sure someone will post to correct me.

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:
Surely this will stir up a lot of comment:

After getting a FREE upgrade to the HR-20 (with free install of slimline dish) and downloading the 10b software update to it, I stand corrected on labeling it a "P.O.S".

It is a fine receiver (still has a few problems) but it gives a beautiful picture. Now that the OTA tuners and networking has been enabled, it is even nicer.

Now if they would just fix the audio problem with my remaining HR10.

Or, I may take advantage of my second FREE HR-20 I am on the list for.

And, I didn;t have to whine for either - just asked and I received.

Same issues with other recievers

Tonight's House episode had so many long audio dropouts that I could barely keep up with the plot.

I am beginning to get paranoid and wonder if this may be D*'s way of making us dissatisfied with our HR10-250's and encouraging us to go to the new piece of sh*t HR20-700 that doesn't work either.

They are also forcing many of you who are fed up with the 6.3a problems to spend money to order a disk with the old dependable 3f software when they could easily admit there are problems and DOWNLOAD the 3f software until 6.3 is fixed!

I am paying for the protection plan on my HR10-250's I am going to insist that D* either download the 3f software or send me two new receivers with 3f on them. I they don't do either then I am going to file a complaint with my State Attorney General that D* will not honor the terms of their protection plan.

I can kick my ass for not listening to my own advice to leave the phone lines disconnected until it appeared that the software was stable!

I have been with D* since 1999 but now the grass on the other side is looking greener.

I have a 522 with sound dropping issues as well (ever since the 'update). 3 recievers later, I was actually encouraged by a rep to cancel my service since I had the audacity to suggest that it was dishonest to be billed for un-useable service. I, of course, obliged and have an install date for direct. I really like Dish, even preferred them over direct, but this whole software update issue had changed that.

I have a 522 with sound dropping issues as well (ever since the 'update). 3 recievers later, I was actually encouraged by a rep to cancel my service since I had the audacity to suggest that it was dishonest to be billed for un-useable service. I, of course, obliged and have an install date for direct. I really like Dish, even preferred them over direct, but this whole software update issue had changed that.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the grass is not as green on either side of the fence (D* or E*) as we'd like it to be.

Each of us has to select the best provider that fits our particular viewing needs and budgets. Hopefully, all the providers will improve their equipment and programing in 2007.

I couldn't agree more

Sorry: Why shouldn't he be complaining? I have both D* & E* HD and had friends over today to show off my HT. Guess what? DISH has the most to show off, but did show them some OTA programs in HD recorded on my HR10-250. I don't know that I shouldn't be complaining too with the audio issues with 6.3! Their upgrade DVR has problems too. Don't understand why anyone would not go to DISH (I have 37 HD channels with OTA) and stay with Directv for another year until they get their act together. Why complain? Just change services? Why wait? Pay any fee to change and enjoy today (could not be that much anyway) or add another bill to your investment in HD.

Some people are never happy and they find themselves using Discussion Groups. Guess what? I'm looking at buying a new Dodge NITRO (R/T when they come out) and just became a member of two Groups. It is really refreshing to see positive feed back not just complainers. Sure there will be some in the future, but so far everyone is very happy and pleased with their new car. Same thing could happen here. If you have D* stop complaining (I understand why they are however) and move on to something else. Life is short... Enjoy Today.

I have an old 522 and, guess what, I have the same audio issues since the 4.13 update. When I found out the Dish has no ETA for a fix and is unwilling to upgrade me to another reciever without a new 2 year contract, I switched to DTV. I have been back and forth for the last 6 years or so over stuff like this. I can honestly say that they both are great and they both suck. It just depends on who's on top from one month to the next.

I started this thread and I am wishing it would end.

D* could have avoided gripes such as these if they would have provided a way to fall back to the 3.1f version.

Meantime: I upgraded to the HR20 and, thus far, love it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)