Fee, based on account history?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Phroz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 3, 2006
Maine
Before I can lease a DVR (or another standard receiver for that matter) I've been told that I'm required to pay a $120 deposit on top of the receiver cost, and the website confirms this ("Fee Based on Account History $120.00") when going through the order process.

Anyone have any insight on who is required to pay the deposit? I can't find anything on the DirecTV website mentioning it*, and none of the CSRs I've spoken with have been able to tell me why, only that I am. I've been a customer for nearly 6 years and the bill is always paid in full. I wasn't required to pay this deposit last year when I got my second receiver, so I guess this is something that started recently...

*I've seen a mention of deposit if you don't pass a credit check, but I assume that would only be for new customers.

It has to do with the Hearts Program. There might be some threads about it still around. Basically, most D* customers have either 1, 3, or 5 hearts based on life of the account, how much is spent per month, and account payment history. Any 1 heart customer is required to pay the additional $120 upon upgrading. They should've mentioned that you'll get a $10 credit on your bill for the next 12 months to counter the upgrade fee.

Ahh, okay that makes sense. I remember reading about the hearts, but I've never actually heard of anyone having 1 heart.

I feel special now. :p

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)