Fee to cancel protection plan?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

labrat321

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I just checked my account, and there is a $10 fee for cancelling the protection plan. Is this normal? I am about to raise a fuss, because I actually declined this at installation 3 months ago and was signed up for it anyway.

I think you are supposed to carry it for a minimum time, but I don't know how long. Call and let them know you were signed up for it against your wishes. If they don't remove it at no charge, then use this email: ellen.filipiak@directv.com. That will get you in touch with the office of the president. They are good at resolving problems like yours.

I didn't get fined for cancelling mine, but I had it for quite a while before cancelling. Still I don't see why you should be fined if you never used it. Great corporate logic.

labrat321 said:
I just checked my account, and there is a $10 fee for cancelling the protection plan. Is this normal? I am about to raise a fuss, because I actually declined this at installation 3 months ago and was signed up for it anyway.

If you cancel it within a year from signing up they charge you the fee. I'm sure they will waive it and the monthly fee if you ask and state you never wanted it.

I just called about the fee and they removed the charge. They also removed what I had paid for the protection plan the previous months without me asking. I was not going to ask for a credit for that since I knew it was on there and never took the time to call about it before now. 17 minutes on the phone, most of it was on hold while they made the adjustments, but no issues getting it resolved.

when you sign up for the protection plan you have 30 days before it comes active, if you cancel before then no harm no foul. If you cancel after that there is a 10 dollar fee if you do not keep protection plan for at least 12 months.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts