Fees increasing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I may have to reconsider and run the numbers again. I just bit the bullet and ordered 2H/1J this afternoon.

Figured this was a good time to update to the latest stuff after last nights events. We took a lightning strike last night around midnight that fried 2 60" lcd/plasma tvs, 722, 211, 7.1 audio receiver, bluray player, 2 external hard drives, NAS, alarm system, modem, routers, 1 computer, laser printer and whatever else I find not working. Having to test and have everything inspected for insurance claim.

I may cancel that order and just go back with what I had or just a couple of 211's. I still have 1 211 working and I've already paid the dvr conversion fee for the 211's. I was about to drop down to the base programming package as we don't watch much anymore other than locals, History and TNT until football season. I guess I'm becoming frugal as I get older and growing tired of wasting money just to have access to stuff I might watch once a month if ever.

Ouch!! Home owners cover it?

You guys don't get it. Dish is the least expensive TV provider around. I have 4 tv options Dish/DTV/ATT/Comcast, and Dish is by far the best, at least for new customers. All your complaining does no good if you can't find a cheaper competitor to go with. And Dish did throw in the Slingbox in for free, and that is a $100 value.

So you welcome the increase as part of just doing business?

As far as being the cheapest I don't buy that. New customer promos are the best deal going & require switching providers every couple of years.

Hmmm,that's a great point.All that money that went to the tivo lawsuit,yet we never got any of the tivo trick play options back.Again.I say the tipping point has been reached,Dish at the rate they are going,will price themselves out of business.

I agree, I am now looking for cheaper alternatives. After looking at my Dish bill continue to increase faster than my income, time to send it all back.

Ohhh now I get it the fee hikes are to pay for the inevitable Autohop lawsuits... I don't even use Autohop!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

You guys don't get it. Dish is the least expensive TV provider around. I have 4 tv options Dish/DTV/ATT/Comcast, and Dish is by far the best, at least for new customers. All your complaining does no good if you can't find a cheaper competitor to go with. And Dish did throw in the Slingbox in for free, and that is a $100 value.
They used to be, but now are pretty much a wash with Direct. Dish does have more lower-priced package options, if you are willing to go minimalist.

I don't believe there is a price lock. Hardware fees will go up for everyone no matter when you signed up.
Agreed. There isn't even a price lock on package prices, just a guaranteed $x discount from the regular prices, which are subject to change.

Guess they're making up for their so-called price lock for the past two years!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

After Dish already increased rates this year, now I am hit with another $11/month increase for essentially nothing? It is one thing to increase package fees to cover rising programming costs, but how can they justify increasing receiver fees again? My equipment doesn't cost any more to run than it did when I first bought it. This is simply an opportunity to milk everything they can out of their paying customers, primarily their highest-spending customers.

Keep it up Dish. I'm getting REALLY close to just going with my basic Comcast Economy package and getting all my other content online.

The worst part is that I knew this would happen after I signed up for my 2-Hopper setup, but I didn't have much choice with the Hopper only having 3 tuners. I'm sure it was all part of the plan... give customers a receiver with not quite enough tuners, wait for much of the installed base to settle into their 2-Hopper setups, then increase their fees knowing that most people won't drop the 2nd Hopper.

Last edited:
Yes, fortunately .

Sent from my cracked screen but still blazing fast galaxy s3 using SatelliteGuys

That is good, and I feel your pain. I have had it happen at home and at my office. No fun either time.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

A lot of folks say let their wallets do the talking,from the reaction to this thread,it seems that is exactly what will happen.If Dish starts losing customers,customers lowering packages,or customers downgrading equipment,in a large enough volume they'll clearly get the message.

Yesterday we had a tech visit due to signal drops. I was considering going from 2x 722k to 1H/3J or 2H/2J. Now that is on hold. I'm glad I sold my X,000 shares of DISH in December!

Yesterday we had a tech visit due to signal drops. I was considering going from 2x 722k to 1H/3J or 2H/2J. Now that is on hold. I'm glad I sold my X,000 shares of DISH in December!

If the technician corrected the signal drops that might be considered new "Feature" of your equipment. So don't be surprised when your 722k gets higher fees as well.

It's pure GREED!! There's no reason other then that as to why dish needed to increase these fees. I dropped to the 120 to save 10 bucks and now if I drop any lower then I will lose most channels I do watch. Yet the CEO of dish and Charlie can line their pockets with millions of dollars and they couldn't give a crap about their customers! I get a flyer every week and emails from directv begging me to come back and I'm greatly considering it. Dish cannot justify this increase considering their hopper 2.0 wasn't much of an improvement. If anything lower the dvr fees and whole home fees because it's at the point where people are dropping their tv provider and doing Hulu plus or Roku.

Just when I was ready to pull the trigger on an upgrade to the Hopper, Dish manages to make me reconsider.
I just got my folks to sign with dish and I was considering maybe making a comeback but now I'm not so sure after this :/

Status
Please reply by conversation.