FF Updates more than most change their uderwear

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Seriously. It was just last week I installed FF 8.0 beta and now I just got the update for 9.0 beta. There was no 8.1 or 8.5, it simply went to 9.0 in just one week. Anyone else running 9.0 or even 8.0 for that matter?
FF 9.0.PNG

"Uderwear"? A bra, maybe?

Regarding Firefox, I'm not crazy about the direction Mozilla is going. I guess they're worried about Chrome.

I would use Chrome if they had a menu bar. They should at least give us the option to install one. No menu bar = no Chrome for me

Aw come on Dodge, just get a mac, and you'll have your menu bar in every single application! ;) :D
I do have a MAC (Actually my wife does).

It was those darn floating tool bars that you used to never be able to lock into the window that first turned me off with Mac OS. :D

DodgerKing said:
I do have a MAC (Actually my wife does).

It was those darn floating tool bars that you used to never be able to lock into the window that first turned me off with Mac OS. :D

I know you do. I was razzing you. :)

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I truly do not understand how FF has gotten to v9 in such a short time. Very confusing.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I switched to the Aurora channel a couple months ago and it updates everyday when I first start it. I don't know what they are tweaking but it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Actually this is not a surprise. Many companies / organizations are quickly adopting / moving to the LEAN principles culture. You can read about it in the book "Lean Thinking".

Similarly you may be familiar with the older Toyota's TPS or also somewhat similar maybe Six-Sigma.

Speaking of Google Chrome, without looking, do you know what version they're up to ? Companies used to follow the unofficial system of going from 1.x to 2.x and so on involved substantial changes or addition of features. Going from 1.x to 1.y was bug fixes. I rarely notice any changes in Chrome or FF (don't use FF as much anymore though). Sure, I know there's behind-the-scenes changes though.

Speaking of Google Chrome, without looking, do you know what version they're up to ? Companies used to follow the unofficial system of going from 1.x to 2.x and so on involved substantial changes or addition of features. Going from 1.x to 1.y was bug fixes. I rarely notice any changes in Chrome or FF (don't use FF as much anymore though). Sure, I know there's behind-the-scenes changes though.

Chrome is on version 16 now, and Firefox is on version 9.

There was a problem with FF with memory usage...Just a sucks it like crazy, After I reinstalled linux mint 11 and I refused to update FF, its been all good. The constant updates to fix bug after bug or trying to refix a bug gets old fast.

Firefox is changing with v10. It will be considered a long term release. Those that want to stay on the fast path, will be able to move to v11, v12, etc. The fixes will be back ported to v10, which will become v10.0.1, v10.0.2, etc. I'm not sure when they'll push the v10 users up to a newer release, but I believe you'll get at least 18 months on v10 before being told to change. This change came about because companies have been complaining loudly to Mozilla about this rapid release cycle.

I don't mind the frequent iterations by FF and Chrome. I'd love to know why when Safari updates on my work Macbook it requires me to restart my computer though. Those are the only updates that are annoying and I string out for weeks.

Firefox is changing with v10. It will be considered a long term release. Those that want to stay on the fast path, will be able to move to v11, v12, etc. The fixes will be back ported to v10, which will become v10.0.1, v10.0.2, etc. I'm not sure when they'll push the v10 users up to a newer release, but I believe you'll get at least 18 months on v10 before being told to change. This change came about because companies have been complaining loudly to Mozilla about this rapid release cycle.
As long as they do not do with Chrome does and remove the menu bar option. The only reason I do not use Chrome is because they do not have a menu bar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)