Finally canceled E* today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If people are happy with a provider for there own reasons, so be it. I don't care if others are "fanboys", a term that is used much too often.

I just get annoyed when people are criticized simply by posting points of clarification. I post on the Dish side mainly to correct false info that others post about Direct. Even though I say nothing bad about Dish at all, nor praise Direct, I get called a fanboy and asked by others to not post on their side of the forum.

I will be switching to Direct Thursday from Dish. Hope the buy out rebate goes OK. I also bought from a local dealer and was told there would be no charge from them
but just Dish.

I to posted over on the E* forum when I move to D* that I consider the D* PQ to be superior to E*. Boy did I get slammed on that one.

I will admit that E* loyalty department treated me quite fairly when I cancelled. I was given the wrong info. from a CSR (that I had documented via the Online chat help line) (wish Direct has this) they were off by 1 year on my contract end date. I had already switched based on that information and they waived my last year off my contract.

So, I really have no complaints about E* when I left.

Awesome glad the third time for the install was the charm!!!!! I have been VERY VERY happy with D*...now about that free hd for life directv :smug:smug

If you are talking about me then get the moniker correct. BTW I don't care if you have E* or D*. If you like sports D* is the place to be.

It's nice to know what list you're on or not on... JK! But I think you're being a good sport about it. Afterall, we're all on the same forum.

Everybody always bring's up sports... If you like a company that's not run like a ghetto mom and pop store, then you like Directv.

If you are talking about me then get the moniker correct. BTW I don't care if you have E* or D*. If you like sports D* is the place to be.
Those of us on "The List" respond more to the method than the message.;)
For example, the post right above this one. Such embellishment not needed and not in my definition of good taste.

Last edited:
Trolls are eatin up the chum in the water...

I'd reckon, when you are a current Dish sub, you have to find ways to lash out.

I would not consider them trolling. Others mentioned their names without them even posting on this thread. I don't blame them for coming to this thread to respond to those very posts. I would have done the same (probably would have been called a troll by others as well).

Thats the difference. I do not go over there, i even have that forum blocked out. I could care less what they say about Directv or myself, and I'd rather not see them here.

Thanks

I would not consider them trolling. Others mentioned their names without them even posting on this thread. I don't blame them for coming to this thread to respond to those very posts. I would have done the same (probably would have been called a troll by others as well).

Thanks

Wouldn't have

Thats the difference. I do not go over there, i even have that forum blocked out. I could care less what they say about Directv or myself, and I'd rather not see them here.

I wouldn't have even know about this if it weren't for a forum member that post on both D* & E* telling me about this.

...Well, there are 4 guys over there who will attack the hell out of you if you say anything even remotely negative about King Charlie and his do no wrong company, Dish Network. I just can't believe the corporate shillery displayed by KAB, Slammin11, some dude with an ugly eagle avatar the cheapo with absolute.

Glad to be away from that.

As I have said before:
"Because I like the Dish product a hell of a lot better than Directs product and I make no apologies for it.
Yes I am a baseball fan. No I don't live in my teams network.
Yes I am a football fan. Yes I live in my teams network.
I couldn't care less about the movie channels, never had them never will (waste of money and nothing on them IMO except for re-runs).
I make the decision to have and keep Dish because in my opinion it is a better product and a better deal for me. As far as sports go, I have the opportunity to see the Dodgers play 20+ times a year when they play the Rockies or are on ESPN, Fox Saturdays (though I think Tim McCarver is a complete idiot so I won't watch the games on Fox because of him) which is enough for me (because I actually have more going in my life than watching baseball or sitting in front of my tv 15 hours a day). I see every Bronco game which is just fine with me because again I couldn't care less about any other team.
I don't plan on switching to Direct, comcrap or any other provider until Dish shuts off their satellites. Like I said, I like the product, and I like what I am asked to pay over any of the other companies..."
In the 8+ years I have been with Dish, I have had one move and one receiver go out. In both instances everything was done to my satisfaction and in a timely matter to where I had no complaints. The one time my billing was messed up because of progamming changes and their system over changing me, it was corrected with one phone call.
Do I admit that others may have had problems, sure I am willing to assume that. But my situation and my experience does not seem to match up to those who bitch and moan as some are doing here.
If Iceberg and anyone else doesn't like it, tough sh*t. I couldn't care less.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts