Finally canceled E* today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So back on topic here....:p

I'm a little nervous about my Directv install. Should I be? lol I've been with Dish for years and haven't had really too many complaints, but want to switch because of all of the fees Dish keep adding.

I keep reading the "bad" stuff I guess and that's what's making me nervous...Maybe the install will be painless and I can start enjoying my sports in HD!! :D

I'm a little nervous about my Directv install. Should I be? lol I've been with Dish for years and haven't had really too many complaints, but want to switch because of all of the fees Dish keep adding.

I keep reading the "bad" stuff I guess and that's what's making me nervous...Maybe the install will be painless and I can start enjoying my sports in HD!! :D

Well. naturally, the forums have more good than bad. I've generally had good luck with installs from both companies. My ONLY bad install was a Dish guy in Sc who showed up in this beater. Dunno if he was a sub contractor or what, but geez.

I would say as long as your install goes good, you will be alright. I deeply recommend a local installer if you can find one.

And watch what they do, especially if you know anything about what they should be doing.

After my MRV install, I got an automated call asking me questions about the installer. I hammered him in a couple of spots, because he did not test the install to make sure it worked properly, and he left slivers of copper on the floor in my bedroom, for me to step on.

The only thing I'm really confused about is the MRV and internet connection to the boxes?

I know I'm getting MRV but I also want the boxes connected to the internet also. Will all of that be in my "free install"? (I know about the one time $25 internet fee)..

Also, I know Elway you said you haven't had rain fade with your Directv setup too much in the other thread, but I'm a little concerned about that since I rarely had that with Dish.

Also, I'm so used to the 722's with Dish..Will I really not miss it with the HR24's? And also, I typed this question on another thread, but how is the changing time between changing channels? I've heard Directv is a lot slower then Dish?

I think I'm just worrying myself to death..Maybe I just need to take a shot of something..:D

And watch what they do, especially if you know anything about what they should be doing.

After my MRV install, I got an automated call asking me questions about the installer. I hammered him in a couple of spots, because he did not test the install to make sure it worked properly, and he left slivers of copper on the floor in my bedroom, for me to step on.

Yeah it's stuff like that I'm nervous about..I had to call Dish out here a few times to get things to where they are now. I guess it's the fact I have to "start over" again and hope I don't have to call an installer out every other weekend...Ok I'm taking that shot now! lol :D

*) AFAIK, there is not a fee for internet connection. I'm not sure how MRV on a new install works though. I moved my wireless router into the bedroom, where the HR22 is. That way he did not have to do more cabling, and just put both boxes in there. HR24's don't need a DECA box.

*) I had a ViP722K, and the only think I miss is 4 tuners. The HR24 is very nice.

*) Native passthru mode, it is kinda slow, because it has to hit the channels resolution. If you just slap it on 1080i all the time, its faster

All I can say is that from my experience channel changing on both the HR24 and H24 is the same as with the 722 and a 211. I don't know about the other HD-DVRs that Diretcv has but the HR24 is equal or slightly better than the 722. They both have different features though but the basic functions are about the same. I paid the $25.00 Internet setup fee and I have not had any problems at all. MRV, Directv2PC, and media sharing they all work without any problems.

Yeah, I really think the DECA install is the way to go with these. Even my slow HR22 handles MRV fine off the HR24. The HR24, however, handles MRV very good.

Now what is the DECA install? I've heard about it on here but of course I have no clue. Will I need a DECA install if I get two HR24's and also I've heard that a DECA install has cost more money? Maybe I was reading the persons post wrong?

DECA is the technology for MRV. Directv Ethernet Coaxial Adapter. It's what allows the HR's to share video and HSI over coax. If you have a MRV install, thats part of it. Other way is using your home network, but Directv does not support that.

DECA is the $25.00 Internet setup. Just the cost of the DECA adapter is more than the $25.00 they charge. Like elwaylite said, it's Directv's technology used to connect the receivers on the local network and Internet.

They chose coaxial because of the bandwidth needed to run HD video reliably. Some folks can do it with powerlines or wireless adapters, but it's hit and miss. This is a reliable, Directv supported format.

So can DECA and MRV can be used at the same time, correct? Sorry Elway & RandallA, I know I'm an idiot with this stuff but you are helping a bunch..

DECA is the $25.00 Internet setup. Just the cost of the DECA adapter is more than the $25.00 they charge. Like elwaylite said, it's Directv's technology used to connect the receivers on the local network and Internet.

Yeah, as a current customer, it cost me almost $200 to add DECA.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)