Finally canceled E* today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Also, I'm so used to the 722's with Dish..Will I really not miss it with the HR24's? And also, I typed this question on another thread, but how is the changing time between changing channels? I've heard Directv is a lot slower then Dish?

We had a 722 and a 612. We now have two HR24s and a H24. The HR24 is definitely on par with the 722. I actually think it is a little better, but mainly because the interface looks better graphically. The channel changing is about the same with my HR24 as compared to the 722.

We had a 722 and a 612. We now have two HR24s and a H24. The HR24 is definitely on par with the 722. I actually think it is a little better, but mainly because the interface looks better graphically. The channel changing is about the same with my HR24 as compared to the 722.

I would agree with this!

Hehe, they are the SAME thing. DECA is the technology that allows MRV to work ;)

lol, I told you I was an idiot about this stuff! So it says I would get the MRV setup free with my install. So what is the $25 getting me that is extra, if they are the same? Or am I just confusing myself further? lol

So I forgot to check the box for the $25 internet install when I signed up. I can't go in and change it now..If I mention it to the installer that I meant to get that option, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Call them now, maybe they can add it to the order.

Randall, yeah, if you would have chosen to add it after 90 days or so, its the $149 fee plus the $50 were are gonna screw the customer fee :)

They had to cancel and redo my order when I wanted to add it.

Call them now, maybe they can add it to the order.

Randall, yeah, if you would have chosen to add it after 90 days or so, its the $149 fee plus the $50 were are gonna screw the customer fee :)

Dang! There wasn't that much to do in my setup, just the DECA adapter from the HR-24 to the router. He also added a network adapter on the R22 but I don't think it's needed. I'll just leave it alone since it's working. :) The H24s have just the coax coming in because they're DECA ready.

This is the adapter on the HR-24:

DIRECTV Ethernet Coax Adapter DECA (DECA1MR01) - DIRECTV - DECA1MR01 -

Dang! There wasn't that much to do in my setup, just the DECA adapter from the HR-24 to the router. He also added a network adapter on the R22 but I don't think it's needed. I'll just leave it alone since it's working. :) The H24s have just the coax coming in because they're DECA ready.

All they had to do to mine, since I moved the wireless router to the bedroom, was install the two boxes right on top of each other, enable it, and charge me $200 :D

I don't have mine plugged into the HR24. Mine is in another room with a line coming straight from the splitter, then ethernet to my switch.

DECA is built in, HR24 doesnt need anything. I was glad too, after that damn power inserter, i did not want another box by my liv room tv.

DECA is built in, HR24 doesnt need anything. I was glad too, after that damn power inserter, i did not want another box by my liv room tv.

Yea mine is right behind my non-dvr receiver. I am thinking about relocating it to the basement. There is an outlet right under the splitter. That way no big power inserter in the way.

You're right. There's a splitter, one line to the HR24 and the other one to the DECA adapter. The adapter then connects to the router.

Well I tried to call and add the $25 internet setup connection to my order and they transferred me so many times I lost count. Finally talked to this guy that told me what I was going to do anyway. He said tell the installer that I forgot to add it to my order and he should add it in. That was my plan all along! :)

So I forgot to check the box for the $25 internet install when I signed up. I can't go in and change it now..If I mention it to the installer that I meant to get that option, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

It wasn't an option for me when I signed up in D*'s website (nor was HD XTRA). My installer asked me if I wanted it during the installation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)