Finally discovered, E* “turbo charge” changed my 1080i setting to 480p!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Given that I now clearly remember back two years ago both my 622s had switched from 1080i to 480p from time to time, to the point I made a habit of checking the HD output setting regularly, now many have reported the 722s are doing the same thing, I consider it verified. It may just be that the issue on 622s had been fixed because they have been on the market long enough, and in fact 622s are now "discountinued" according to my installer.

It is time E* looking into this same issue on the 722s and fix it once for all.

My 622 has mysteriously set itself to 480 before (well before turbo). I had just assumed one of the kids had messed around in the menu.

My 622 did not change to 480p but I did notice that the picture is different on the 1080i setting than it was before. I noticed that scan lines on 480i programming were far more apparent than before, and motion scenes didn't seem as "fluid". I set the 622 to output 720p and that seems to have fixed it.

Yup, dual mode. When in dual mode...

TV2 won't remember Normal/Letterbox format on HD channels from day to day, get's reset overnight at update/reboot.

Changing TV2 back to Letterbox causes the tiny corner screen on TV1.

What a mess. Started with L610 and continues with L612.

It is a known issue and is being fixed.

The 480p default problem is probably due to NVM Flash Memory getting corrupted and it reverting back to 480p.

I hope so, but this is the third week for us seeing the wee picture in the corner of the TV1 screen.

This should have been an immediate, holy cow, OMG, priority and, frankly, never should have got by QA to begin with. Sheesh.

Then again, **** happens.:)

Mine got dropped down to 480p too. And on a rather consistent basis my screen is getting shrunk down to the upper left hand corner too. I have to cycle through the "format" button and it goes back, but it is annoying.

The 480p default problem is probably due to NVM Flash Memory getting corrupted and it reverting back to 480p.
At least it's not 720 as I think some of the first 942 / 811s did (going by memory here). When Dish was first offering their HD-In-A-Box promo, the HDTV only accepted 480 i/p or 1080i and in 720 there was no picture (and obviously no screen to see so you could adjust it back), so you had to hook up the composite inputs to be able to see anything. They even had a tech bulletin kicking around but very few installers ever got it.:)

Let me add this...both time it happened when I first turned on my set the picture had reverted into a tiny box on the upper left-hand corner only...

odd...
This has happened to me several times recently when I first turn the receiver on. To remedy the situation (without rebooting), I just go into HDTV setup and select 4X3 (#1 or #2) and then go back and select 16x9. Doing this brings the picture back to full screen.

OK get this. I have two 722's and my family room receiver did the upper left corner thing and kept the 1080i and the living room receiver never experienced the upper left picture but reset to 480p. Can I blame the kids?

My 722 is still having the issue and I have the L6.12 newest firmware.

Any ideas about the fix or the best way to avoid the problem?

I hope so, but this is the third week for us seeing the wee picture in the corner of the TV1 screen.

This should have been an immediate, holy cow, OMG, priority and, frankly, never should have got by QA to begin with. Sheesh.

Then again, **** happens.:)
It was a holy cow for me. Are you still having the problem or do you know of a better fix?

I wonder if it is tied into TV2 more directly? It's frustrating randomly having the resolution go back to 480 without even knowing it. I check it daily now - and have to reset it daily as well.

It is but the software hasn't been rolled out everywhere yet. I am still on the 613 software and still have the problem. If anyone knows how to force an update that would help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)