Finally getting started in Cband!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I know what your going through Dee. I had a 12 year old German Shepherd that had hip dysplasia bad and the same thing happened this spring. She was progressively getting worse and one day she was stumbling around like she was intoxicated. Her back end simply lost all cohesion. Walking behind her the last few years with the snap, crackle and pop was hard to hear but she was a trooper all the way through. We went for a walk into the woods and then I put her down myself, it was the hardest thing I ever did. She hated to go to the vet and only went when something serious was happening so I didn't want to take her in. The hardest part for me is that it was my own hands that did her in. It was quick for her but I had to witness what I did. Later that day I emailed the breeder that I got her from in 1998 and a few weeks later I had a 2 year old rescue female German Shepherd. No dog can take the place of the one you lost but you have to go on with your life now, she is out of pain and doesn't know anything. You loved her till the end and she had a long and happy life with you. It will be a hard couple of weeks ahead for you but the pain will ebb and then it will be time to pick up the pieces and move ahead. I also concur with the advice to lay off the pills and stay away from booze. That is a band aid, doesn't fix anything and makes you worse and not better. God bless and be with you during this time of trial.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)