Finally getting started in Cband!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oooo! I'm sorry to hear that.. :(
My son had knee surgery when he was in high school and it took almost a year before things got right for him and then he was better than new.

But last year he went off like a goof and went snow skiing and fell. This time it was the other knee. So he had knee surgery about two weeks ago, they did the orthoscopic thing so it wasn't too intrusive. We're hoping he'll learn to stop showing off this time and take it easy on himself.
We won't know for 6 months or more if he will have to have another more intrusive surgery where they lay his entire knee open. OMG, I hope not!

I hope you don't have to have surgery, it's no fun and it really makes it hard to do anything after.
Get well soon! :)

Thanks Dee, i was thinking arthroscopic but nay, i was told i needed something a bit more intrusive, and the only one i know it's the one you said, something like 8-9 months AT LEAST... =( altough with the cold season coming on, i don't know if i should wait a bit, usually in this cold climate everything aches more than normal LOL.

PS
Thanks truckracer.

Instead of this headend of a multi dish setup, if you want 2 separate TV's go with two 10 foot dishes and put a C/Ku LNBF on each of them and a gbox positioner on each of them.

Then you would have two independent systems with access to everything but circular polarity birds.

Um, quick dumb question..

Is there anyway to find stainless steel nuts and bolts in the grass :eek:
Apparently magnets don't work. :(

Oh both good ideas!

Metal detector, don't have.
Weed/grass killer, check..

:D

Thanks guys!

(I got spunky today and went out and tried to assemble that 10 foot dish. Alone. I managed not to injure myself but I did manage to drop little parts in the grass and spent half the day clawing through the grass then the dirt. Arrrrrrgh! :eek:

Uhm... what about quadrants?

I remember when we had to count patches of non-movile organisms, the best way to check an area was to divide it by quadrants, so we had a log of what quadrants we had checked out thoroughly so we didn't have to re-check those. We could do quadrants as big as 300ft or as small as 1ft x 1ft in the case if littorinas (small invertebrates we needed to contabilize each hour to see how the pattern of their migration in an area).

litorina_periwinkles.jpg

Littorinas

It isn't as hard as it sounds, then again we had everything always ready: small wood stakes to delimit the BIG grill and string, the intersections of each string made the sides of each little quadrant inside the grill.

...come to think about it, it's easier to go to the hardware store and check if they have a replacement LMAO.

i have a crapload of stainless nuts in my yard LOL...i probably should put down a tarp under the dish so i can find hardware that gets dropped. i run two full c ku systems here. seperate rooms

...come to think about it, it's easier to go to the hardware store and check if they have a replacement LMAO.

Um, yeah.. :eek:

Now why didn't I think of that?
I guess I assumed these things are some odd, custom made, impossible to find item. I didn't know you can buy stainless steel nuts and bolts in stores. :eek:

Would this be something like Lowes would have?

Maybe I should buy some extras while I'm at it, just in case..

:)

Another place to check is with a local industrial supply. We have a local business that can supply all kinds of fasteners in SAE or metric sizes. Their over the counter prices are about one fourth of local and chain hardware stores. Be careful because some industrial places have a minimum charge of like $25! That is way too much for a handful of hardware!!! :eek:

Another place to check is with a local industrial supply. We have a local business that can supply all kinds of fasteners in SAE or metric sizes. Their over the counter prices are about one fourth of local and chain hardware stores. Be careful because some industrial places have a minimum charge of like $25! That is way too much for a handful of hardware!!! :eek:

Like http://www.grainger.com ? My closest one is about 100 miles from me, heh.

We have Grainger nearby in Erie too! They can be towards the high price side for some items but they can get you most anything. The final price depends on your what your discount is! Most shops and businesses all receive different prices than others which depends alot on how much and how often they buy there. It seems like the smaller and independent supply houses are more "freindly" for over the counter sales. Some will even give you the discounts that their biggest clients receive if you play them right! ;)

Everything is at a stop for a while. I don't know when I'll mess with anything again.
My beloved German Shepherd companion of 11 years lost his battle Tuesday morning and his hips gave out on him totally.
I got him to the deck out back and I sat there with him from sun up to sun down soothing him. And crying uncontrollably.
I got him onto a towel and dragged him into the house and later, into the bedroom.

Wednesday morning I woke up and he had thrown up, still unable to go potty, things were just coming back up, a sure sign his organs were shutting down. The same thing happened to my best friend a few months ago. I knew his time was up.

I got him back on a towel and dragged him back to the deck again and sat there with him all day calming him and crying because I knew for certain what I had to do. I got out the phone book and I found a place that cremates pets so I called and made arrangements. They offered to totally handle everything but I told them I would bring him myself after the vet. I made certain that they understood I want his ashes back.

So I then called the vet and made an appointment for 3pm. I sat a few more hours out on the deck with him, hugging him, petting him and crying. He didn't have much time left and it was breaking me inside. My folks came over just before three and we put him on a blanket and carried him out to their van and got him in. He weighed 105lbs. It took all three of us to carry him.

We got to the vet and we brought him into a room and they came and talked to me and asked me what all was going on, I told them what was happening and they already knew his history and we all agreed that it was time. So the vet gave him a shot of morphine to calm him, I layed on the floor with him holding him because he was freaking out. About 20 minutes and he got real calm and the vet said that it was the right time. So they shaved a little spot on his leg to find a vein and he got a large syringe full of some pink stuff. I couldn't watch so I just put my face down over his face and sobbed silently as I listened to the vet say that it was going smooth and it was almost done. He said ok and I looked up, they had wrapped a bandage around his leg and he was listening with a stethoscope while I cradled his head in my lap. He was nodding and listening then he said real quietly, it's ok now. He's out of pain.

I sat there holding his head crying, his eyes were still open and I tried to close them, the vet said that dogs don't close their eyes when they die and you can't really force them closed like people. I just sat there looking into his eyes as a piece of me died inside.

After a few minutes he checked again to be sure and then they helped get him on a gurney and we took him to my folks van. I sat on the floor holding him and petting him as we drove to the place where they do the cremations. The people there were super nice and they gave me plenty of time so say goodbye to him, they gave me some scissors to clip some of his hair to keep and then after what seemed like forever, I made myself get up and walk away from my best friend.

They are going to cremate him then call me to come pick up his ashes in a few days.

Right now I'm eating Valium like candy and it's not helping at all.
Right now, I just don't care about anything. All that satellite BS can rot for all I care. I want my dog back.
I expect I will sit around on the deck in the cold for a few weeks popping valium and drinking coffee while I try to figure out what I'm going to do next. I don't know. I don't care. I don't even want to watch TV. I don't know what to do. I just sit here, blank. I'm hoping that I'll cry enough that I'll soon be devoid of emotion then I can just sit and be a kooky old lady talking to myself and feeding pigeons in the park.

A freaking hawk killed my hen about a week ago. My best friend and room mate died 7 months ago. Then I had to tell the vet to "kill my friend" today. :river

Any and all ambitions I had, vaporized today. I don't know when or if I'll even be back.

Thank you guys for all your help and patience, I know I've been a pain in the ass.

Best wishes to you all..

I understand part of your pain Dee, a few years back i "lost" my nephew, he is still with ours but not as i'd like him to be, but still, i can talk to him every day even if he doesn't responds or understands me. After that we began to loose one by one our pet dogs, the first to go was one that had been 18+ years in the family, then another one who had been with ours for more than 14 years, then the last two, a pair of dogs that were sisters, one of them even waited until my dad came over and talked to her and calmed her telling her everything was going to be ok, after hearing this she rested her head in my dad's arms and died silently, her sister died a few months after that, she lost the battle against cancer, both of them well over 14 years too. She was my "baby", i had her since she was a little tiny dog... after that, a few months later a bee stung our last dog and she died, horribly, asphixiated, i tried to save her giving her mouth to mouth resucitation but it was already too late and couldn't do anything, i felt horrible as she was diying desperately struggling in my arms. After that, i made a bow to never again have dogs, no more, it hurts so bad, so so bad. Right now i have cats that for some odd reason came over to my house and they've been here, but i have not been taking care of them too much so as to fall in "love" for their friendship and companion towards me, specially nowadays that i have been mostly unable to move a lot.

Don't you worry Dee... you have not been a pain in the arse, at least not for me, i like to help whenever it's possible.

Take care, be careful not to pop too many pills, those are very dangerous, and i've been with a friend many times after she got intoxicated with valium, percodan, and a lot of pills she has to take (bipolar), and, it's not something you'd like to experience, believe me so, the moral hangover its something i wouldn't like anybody to go through, really.

Best wishes to you too, and may god be at your side every second, even if at times it seems he's "punishing", sometimes he's just giving us test so as to have the force to affront what could be coming next. Everything has a reason to be, we don't know, maybe even shouldn't think about it, deny it nor question it, but, we know it is.

I once wrote to you asking you to stop punishing me because I am a male, but this time I have to let you know I sympathize and feel all the sorrow you are going through. I had a dog when my wife and I met, a St. Bernard, she was my everything. I couldn't leave the house without her jumping in the back of the truck, she was with me wherever I went, even when I started back to school in my 30's. She would sit in the back of the truck waiting for her "daddy" to come back. She helped raise my three kids, protecting them, watching over them, walking them to the school bus even when they were "older," She was my constant companion for nearly 18 years. She developed brain cancer and when it was her time to go to the vet, we ALL went, and when the vet told me it was time to 'do it' we all cried. I walked her out to the car so the kids could say goodbye, then brought her back into the office, I held her and cried the whole time, and I am tearing up now just writing this. This was nearly thirty (30) years ago.

You are not alone in this Dee, here we are all family and I/we/most of us feel all the pain you are going through now. People that don't have dogs in their lives miss a lot, and may not understand what we go though, but they are part of the family in every way. And as Mikhel said, watch out for those pills. And if, as you said, they are not helping at all (your words) then it's time to stop, grieve sober, and eventually get on with your life. It's sad when we lose someone (and yes, our pets ARE "someone") in our lives. It will take time, but you WILL recover from this loss in your life.

My avatar has been unchanged since I joined Satguys.US. This is Hyatt, and a hand puppet she 'adopted' as her 'baby,' named "H2." She is a rescued girl, and she doesn't have any problem showing her affection. She a "Daddy's Girl" and has been since she came into our lives and certainly adds much more to our family than just the cost of her food and keep. She "guards" the property when we are gone, and connects herself to my ankle when I am home. There have been times when I felt more affection from her than other members of my family, and you can not ask more than that from anyone or anything.

I wish you nothing but goodness in your life, and hopefully a speedy recovery from your loss and your operation.

Photto

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)