Finally got sirius turned off

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Its taken a year of calling them to get it through to them that I dont need 3 months free here and there but that I actually need the service turned off as I only listen to it 6 - 8 hours out of the week and the money could be better spent elsewhere such as getting me 3 gallons of gas. So now that Im back on normal radio do I miss sirius programming? not really except for the comedy channels but how many times can you hear the same repeats over and over and over in a single day ( trust me it got frustrating hearing at 330pm the same thing I heard at 330am ). I'm also hearing music now that I hadnt heard in a while because sirius music stations tend to play alot of obscure stuff so its all good even though I get static and theres no modern rock station in my area.

My 3 reasons against terrestrial:

1. Censored
2. Chatter
3. Commercials

I would like to here less "reruns" but on many channels they claim they play what is popular. Not all chnls do this; so changing the chnl resolves this; along with the occasional CD mixed in.

I am happy with free HD radio, gets me a couple extra channels that are commercial free for now. On AM stations the sound is much better than analog. FM is hit and miss, some sound great and some the analog sounds better.

I love my Sirius radio!! It really has changed the way I listen. I have over 25 of my fav songs and artists so that I will never miss a song. I can rewind or pause live radio! I like listening to Stern and Ferrell who has a great sports show on 101 from 8pm to 11pm. There really is a lot to listen to. Well worth the lifetime fee that I paid for it.

I just called Sirius today to cancel as the OP did and was offered 3 months free. I took the offer but told the CS rep that I would be calling back again in 3 months to turn it off for good. It is a great service to be sure, but it is getting harder to justify paying $13 a month for something I listen to 8 to 10 hours a week. The CS rep acknowledged that she has heard from many other people recently who have come to the same conclusion. It really doesn't look good for satellite radio in general right now.

Fuel prices are forcing decisions.

Anyway- what are local traffic & weather reports like on Sirius today?

I have a friend who used to used to subscribe to XM primarily for traffic reports but now days a lot of cell phone and GPS navigators can factor traffic conditions into their routing decisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts