Finally I'm gettin' the BUD installed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cracklincrotch

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I spent eight hours to get one pole pole in the ground because of one lousy rock. But it's gonna be worth it. Going to give that cement a bit to set up and then up goes all 90 inches of dish! :D

Attachments

• pole.jpg
    pole.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 195
I realized this morning that because the pole is 7' tall I could probably get away with another dish below the BUD too. Even cooler.

Just gotta have the patience to get through the day before putting the dish up. Cherry on top is going to be an Azbox once the BUD's going good. Hoping to squeeze a gbox or vbox in too.

I realized this morning that because the pole is 7' tall I could probably get away with another dish below the BUD too. Even cooler.

Yes you can, an have did that in the past.
1/4 all tread rod bends real easy around those poles to mount a foot mount on to.

another nice thing about a tall ground post, you wont bang you're head when cutting the grass. an you have a pole that you can always up grade to a larger size dish. after you get the AZ you may be looking for a 12-footer.

If I got a went looking for a 12 footer I'd probably be looking for another wife. I figure I was allowed to put this dish up because she stopped saying no but just grumbled. She knows I want this.

I spent the afternoon yesterday unfreezing the actuator. There was so much rust I could just see the tips of the threads. But a drill mounted brush, carburetor cleaner, propane torch, vice grips and some patience got it loosened up and well greased. Can turn the thing with my pinky now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)