Status
Please reply by conversation.

Greg Mueller

Munich Oktoberfest
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Datil, NM
Try this....
Put an ad up a the local Post Office on the bulletin board, saying "Wanted: Old Primestar Dish" with you name and phone number on the bottom on those fringe, tear off things.

I just got my 5th 1.2M

I don't know what I'm going to do with them all, but I just can't resist taking them when they are offered.

I was hoping to find a 40 x 30 but all we've got around here is the 1.2Ms

I have to ask Greg is your main reason for trying to find a 40x 30 primestar the weight difference over a 1.2 meter or is there another reason. Thanks, Mike

Well I wanted to try to set up a double LNBF (pair of duals) on a 40 x 30 to use in place of the Dish 500 or 1000. Just something to monkey around with and pick up a few more dbs.

Prime Star..LNB freq

I've just acquired a "PRIME STAR" 36 Inch Dish and LNB complete, I'm Trying to use it with My Fortec Classic N/A But I've Received NOTHING, Zilch:( I'm not sure what the LNB freq is, can anyone clue me in, I'm trying to Receive, Star network out of White Springs Fla, it's in the CLEAR, But since I have gotten nothing, I'm thinking the Lnb is the WRONG Type... or I have the Freq programmed wrong on the Receiver, it has the SKEW Adj. as well and a separate Vert, Horz, F receptacle,, Any Suggestions I'm Listening Guys..!( BTY, My Satellite Finder Says it'd receiving a Signal BUT I receive nothing as stated.. :confused: Thanks Larry KF4LKU

LO freq 10750 for those 2 ouptut ones

Since Star Network is H polarity, you need to use the H side output and skew it properly or it won't come in :)

lineup

Iceburg, I'm at 30507 and I'd like a "Second Opinion on this Setup situation, what do You come up with.... Elev, AZ, Skew, etc?? I was previously using a Dtv Dish, Just got the Prime Today..lLarry

For zip 30507 aimig at IA7 (129)

Elevation 28 (27.9)
Azimuth 246 (240 +5 magnetic)
skew +46.2 (turn LNB counterclockwise)

STar Net is really strong so you should be able to get it no problem...they have some good movies on there :)

Greg you are just like me. I have several 1.2m CM dishes as well as multiple Primestar dishes in the garage. My wife hates the dishes and thinks I am a real geek just like my friends. :)

If anyone is ever in Melbourne, Florida. They sell all sizes of dishes for only $10 each. This is where I get most of mine.

Well, if any of you guys don't want those 1.2's, I'd certainly give all of them a good home. The only 1.2's I seem to be able to find around New Orleans were battered by Katrina... Fiberglass dishes didn't hold up well under 140mph+ winds :(

I got my primestar from freecycle. If you haven't heard of freecycle give it a whirl - you basically post what you want or have to offer and get your free junk moved out or in quickly - like a pawn shop or garage sale but without the hassle of walking around looking at all the junk you don't want... yes, you'll get a lot of postings that have junk that you don't want or need, but it's way easier to delete an email than it is to physically walk all over a neighborood looking through various people's garages or yards at a lot of useless junk just to find that one good item someday, maybe. You may have to do some driving to get the stuff you want, but that all depends on what list you sign up for - there are a lot of local lists and some regional.

I spotted one in the back of a pickup truck at the grocery store. I managed to catch the driver as he was about to leave and asked if he was going to use it. Turns out it was on its way to the dump :) It looks like it just came off someone's roof, it even still has the LNB!

Change said:
I spotted one in the back of a pickup truck at the grocery store. I managed to catch the driver as he was about to leave and asked if he was going to use it. Turns out it was on its way to the dump :) It looks like it just came off someone's roof, it even still has the LNB!
Great find and save Change! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts