Finding Galaxy 25

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ShaneLinder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 1, 2006
Texas
I am trying to position one of my dishes to AMC4 and the other to Galaxy25.

AMC4 was not too hard to find. I got that without a problem.

Galaxy 25 is proving to be much more difficult. I have an angle meter and and started out by having the angle on the G25 dish exactly the same as the AMC4 dish. After sweeping several times and getting nothing I adjusted the angle up slightly. Swept more and picked up some G25 channels.

I have the following transponders coming in at about 70% Quality:

Transponder 12177 which is in the list to use to point the dish is coming in at 0% Quality. Tilting the dish up seemed to be what got me what I got now but at this point I cannot go up any more with the bracket that is on it.

Any suggestions?

Shane
With G25 being your true south, they should be close to the same elevation as the AMC4 dish.

LNB skew should be 0 (straight up and down). Can you lock any other transponders like 11966? There is no 11929 on G25 so you might be off a little bit.

I forget where you are in TX but I picked Brownsville and the difference in elevation between 97 & 101 is 0.3 degrees...so they're pretty much the same.

What am I getting? I got Iran TV and a number of other Arabic channels. I loved it down to thesame as the ANC4 dish and am sweeping. I just nudge it and do a scan because I don't know how to use that receiver to locate any bird. It just says level 55% and sometimes goes up to 57% and sometimes drops to 52%. I could turn the dish upside down and it would still say 52%.

OK so you are on G25 so you are very close. Make very finite adjustments, seriously I've got the dish to where it looks the best then I tighten the screws on the bracket (the azimuth to move it east west) a little bit then lean into the dish to see if the signal moves. If it jumps up, then you have to move it a little bit.

With KU you need to make very finite adjustments. Almost there :)

what receiver are you using? The ultra?

if so, I would select a transponder scan (antenna setup, then third one down). Select a transponder from G25 (thelist has all of them) and go from there. Since you are on G25 you just need to make very small adjustments

12177 transponder has TBN, JCTV, SOAC, Church Channel
12115 transponder has SafeTV and Cornerstone

First, thanks for the help. I appreciate getting feedback here. Where is the donation box anyway?

Second, I never got it any better. I was able to get AMC4 on my second dish too but couldn't get G25 any better. I think experience is the big thing. The more times one messes with these things the more they know which angles and directions things have to be. Not having done this much, I am just so low on the learning curve.

My installer is suppose to be back on Tuesday. I am buying a used receiver from him so he was coming back anyway.

I would like to be able to install the Glorystar dish for people but if I can't get G25 by itself I imagine getting it with the monoblock would be even harder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts