Finding T4

Status
Please reply by conversation.

codeman

Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
I cannot find the T4 bird. Can some one please give me an active open channel (1-24) so I may identify .. and save this sucker?

CODEMAN

ABC used to be on tp 20 but it dropped off a couple months ago. :(

codeman, are you trying to save that sat location into an analog receiver? If you had a DVB receiver you could locate it, but if your analog reciever is like mine you can't save it without having an active transponder (at least I haven't figured out how yet).

If you don't have a DVB receiver you should consider getting one, there's not much left on analog anyways. :)

Count the numbers on your mover between GB/G11/G17 @ 91.0w and W3/AMC3 @ 87.0w. It should be found half way between the two of them...?
Mine is 4597 for GB, 4562 for W3, and that puts T4/IA8/G28 @ 4579 on 89.0w... hope this helps..!!

I have a Motorola DR922.. and it works fine all set up with my satilites.. I am trying to find T4 for pbs 600 601 602... I see them listed on the bird.. but I do a scan with the dish from a count of 4000 to 3500.. but not a thing. I have been watching c band for at least 15 years... andI have set up 2 922 receivers... but right now I am stuck..

tks
CODEMAN

Upper Birds

g3- 501 MSNBC 4081 Good

T6- 600 601 602 4030 WAS good now nil

T4- Unidentified..... 3932 Sig is 70 quality 1 ( I don't know what this is... I don't know why quality is 1

My upper dish limit is 3542... so from here down...to G3.. using T4.. I see nothing..

CODEMAN

T4 ACTIVE?

IS ANYONE ACTUALLY RECEIVING VIDEO FROM T4 PBS 600 601 602?

CODEMAN

I have a Motorola DR922.. and it works fine all set up with my satilites.. I am trying to find T4 for pbs 600 601 602... I see them listed on the bird.. but I do a scan with the dish from a count of 4000 to 3500.. but not a thing. I have been watching c band for at least 15 years... andI have set up 2 922 receivers... but right now I am stuck..

tks
CODEMAN

Oh, I misunderstood what you were trying to do, didn't realize you were working with a 922. 4DTV is one of the (many!) things I have absolutely no knowledge of, hopefully someone else can help you get it figured out.

Oh, I misunderstood what you were trying to do, didn't realize you were working with a 922. 4DTV is one of the (many!) things I have absolutely no knowledge of, hopefully someone else can help you get it figured out.

okay tks for the interest.. It wasnt my intention to "brag" about the 15 years.. but just to show I can "fumble" my way in the 922 some... and that some vewiers could then judge if it was worthwhile feeding me "technical" advice hi..
and not waisting their time... cheers

codeman

Yes! :)

It popped up a bit after 7pm tonight. If you still can't get it try unplugging the receiver for a while and then give it a try.

T4 BINGO!!

BINGO!!!! T4 IN LOUD AND CLEAR... I DUMPED T6 (FOR NOW).. T4 SEEMS TO BE IN THE SAME SPOT..STRANGE????? NOW, LIKE T6, I GO SILENT.. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INTEREST AND HELP AND ADVICE U GAVE ME.. GL.. CHEERS

ART
CODEMAN 8:45 am adst

did you have to download the newest maps? I tried to tune in T4 and all I get is channel 1...no 600-603...have a 905

T4

Hi..I downloaded the newest maps yesterday ( or went through the motions) Somewhere I read on the net that the Dr922 did not need this proceedure... maybe they are picked up during the nightly updates.. I don't know. I have had T4 configured now for about 4 days.. and nothing received. Last night I drove T4 down to where T6 is.. and left it there... This morinng the stations 600 601 602 popped in.. it seems to me they moved T4 to T6's spot..T4 max sig peaked up there.. so I dont know what is going on. Anyway its loud and clear and stable.. has been all day .. I think they had a configuration glitch for T4 on the ground till last night. If I were U I would try and drive your T4.. down to where T6.. is and see if it pops in. Here I got rid of T6... as there is noting on it we want anyway ... good luck ...

I have a 922. T4 popped up after I did the unplugging thing. However, I'm picking it up at it's designated location at 89 degrees not at the old T6 location of 93 degrees. Currently NET is dual-illuminating so perhaps codeman is picking up the old T6 feeds. The T6 feeds are still randomly there and I understand they will be until August 31st, 2008.

T4 In proper location

Hi.. For wots its worth.. I moved my t4 to 89W this aftn and netv sigs 600 601 602 (603 audio only) was loud and clear and stable.. also I found analog sig on 15 unidentified.. and apprs to be another on 19 nascar... loud and clear and stable .. U might use these as a target ..

codeman

603 is the HD signal

I'll try tonight to download the newest maps to see if T4 logs in...T6 still has them there

hate to hijack this post, but wondering if someone could explain the lingo :)

what is a 922 (is this a recevr model - like for a sucriber service)
what is 4dtv (is this a service type - multiple sats on one dish?)

why do you need a big dish for this and why do you need channel maps?

sorry, wondering if I am close at deciphering the lingo :)

thanks

General Instruments came out with a receiver that did 1) analog C-Band 2) analog Ku-Band 3) digital C-Band 4) digital Ku-Band, and that was 4 different bands and so they called the receiver a 4dtv receiver. They had 3 Consumer models, the DSR 920, DSR 905, and DSR 922. They had there own Digital Scheme, they called Digicipher2, and it was intended to replace the Videocipher2 in the marketplace. The Channel Maps are the Generic Channels used to place the channels on and can only be changed through the ACC at Motorola (or maybe it's now at Comcast?)and you need a C-Band dish to get these maps, when they make changes in the Digicipher2 System across the satellite ARC. The Channel Maps also include the Satellites and there Locations. The reason you can't use Ku-Band, is because there are no KU Digicipher2 channels that have these Maps included with them....
You can only get the Maps from one of the Major Movie Channels (I think)?
I hope I haven't made it more confusing to you?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)