Firing Up My Old Voom Stb For Ota Hd Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
The Dish 811 is just not strong enough to pull in OTA HD locals. I'm dusting off my VOOM STB and re-connecting it to view my OTA HD locals. :)

Been using mine for the Cleveland locals all along with the living room tv. Got my daughter's from her to use with the bedroom tv. Both have been working great. For those who may have wondered, re-scanning for locals does no harm, and does not deactivate the box.

That's funny - I noticed the same thing. The Voom box has an excellent ATSC tuner as compared to the one built into my TV or my ATI HD Wonder card.

Good use out of both of mine.....

I've been enjoying my two boxes ever since I first got them. Even though Voom's been shut down for 2 months now, I'm still using them for my local channels out of two different DMAs. They even come in handy with Dxing when weather conditions permit longer distances of RF signals to come in.

voom stb is superior for OTA

VOOM stb is superior for OTA reception compared to DirecTV Digital tuner. I recommend you keep it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts