First game on PS4

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The first games I buy will likely be Killzone and Battlefield 4. Knack is included with the PS4 I'm getting so that will be one of the first games I play too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Watch Dogs looks pretty awesome. Too bad I won't be able to play any of the games since I won't have the PS4. My wife would kill me if I bought it right away. May have to wait a year or two.

Watch Dogs for PS3 comes out Nov 19.

According to gamespot and amazon the PS4 and Xbox One versions will be available on release date for both systems. November 19th is the date for 360, PS3, and Wii U.

According to gamespot and amazon the PS4 and Xbox One versions will be available on release date for both systems. November 19th is the date for 360, PS3, and Wii U.

AND PC..
PC-Gaming-Master-Race.jpg

BTW, in case any of you wondered where exactly that meme came from, it came from Zero Punctuation. NSFW due to language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I'll either be buying Watch Dogs on sale for PC or renting from gamefly for PS4... Whichever comes first. That is the tactic I'm planning on using for most games. I will probably buy the multiplayer shooters like Killzone, Battlefield 4, and COD Ghosts. I actually prefer story based single player campaign games like Watch Dogs but I'm more likely to rent those. I will typically only play through the 12-20 hour campaign once and never touch the disc again for those types of games. I still get COD and Battlefield invites from friends a year after release so renting that type isn't as practical for me.

Last edited:
I have it in my GF queue, but whether or not I get it depends greatly on whether or not I'm done with Batman: Arkham Origins in time, which is also determined by whether or not I'm done with Beyond: Two Souls in time

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/30/sony-killzone-shadow-fall-is-50gb

Apparently Killzone is going to take up the full 50GB available on its blu-ray disc. Those of us who were planning on buying most of our PS4 games as a download might want to consider upgrading the PS4 hard drive sooner rather than later. If other PS4 games take up that much space you won't even be able to fit 10 games on that 500GB hard drive along with the OS.

I'm no expert in game compression but I have to think something is kind of wonky here. You would expect file sizes on PS4 and Xbox One to be larger than 360/PS3 games. I have lots of AAA games with high resolution textures installed on my PC that range anywhere from 8GB to 26GB. PC games will probably start to see better textures as developers no longer have to make the same game run on old 360/PS3 machines too but doubling the high end current game size is more than I would expect.

It's also a first gen game. It's likely not very file optimized. Once developers learn all the ins and outs it will get better. I really don't think that 50 GB is going to be the norm, or at least not once we're 2 years or so into the next generation.

Assassins Creed IV will be the first PS4 game I buy for my PS3. Watch Dogs probably the second one. ;) I'd have to see a SIGNIFICANT difference in graphics and performance quality between the PS3 and PS4 versions for me to justify holding off on getting those games until I buy a PS4 late next year (or sooner if I run out of PS3 games I'd just as soon play).

Regarding the Killzone file size, if even 25 GB + becomes the norm, I may have to go back to buying everything on disc. Even with my 20 mb/s internet speed, 50 GB will take 4-5 hours to download and make me a pariah among my neighbors who are on the same main cable internet line.

Speaking of Watch Dogs, it has some pretty damn stiff PC requirements, such as no 32-bit operating systems

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/128392-Watch-Dogs-Wont-Run-on-32-Bit-Windows

Wow! That's the first game I have seen recommending an 8 core processor. I have a 6 core AMD FX6300 so this is the first game I have seen where my CPU is under the recommended specs. I thought I was safe buying a 6 core processor because most games were still recommending dual cores. It's also the first game I have seen with my 2GB 7850 as the recommended GPU level. My card has been well above the recommended specs for every game I have played so far.

That's just fine with me. I think this long console generation held back PC games too. Yes, Multiplatform games look better on PC. I think we will get a nice graphics bump on PC ports once the new consoles come out too though. Developers are trying to make the same game engines run on modern PCs and 8 year old consoles. Once the new consoles come out the gap won't be as big so they can optimize their engines for the higher end instead of 8 year old systems.

Last edited:
Wow! That's the first game I have seen recommending an 8 core processor. I have a 6 core AMD FX6300 so this is the first game I have seen where my CPU is under the recommended specs. I thought I was safe buying a 6 core processor because most games were still recommending dual cores. It's also the first game I have seen with my 2GB 7850 as the recommended GPU level. My card has been well above the recommended specs for every game I have played so far.

That's just fine with me. I think this long console generation held back PC games too. Yes, Multiplatform games look better on PC. I think we will get a nice graphics bump on PC ports once the new consoles come out too though. Developers are trying to make the same game engines run on modern PCs and 8 year old consoles. Once the new consoles come out the gap won't be as big so they can optimize their engines for the higher end instead of 8 year old systems.
I like how my video card is mentioned as an example for a "Minimum System Requirements"

I like how my video card is mentioned as an example for a "Minimum System Requirements"

Yeah It looks like PC game spec lists are about to jump up. Looking at current game specs I thought I would be safe with my 6 core processor for a few more years. I always figured my the 7850 GPU would be the first bottleneck in my system. I was planning on waiting until at least next winter to upgrade my GPU so I could get a significant jump over the consoles without breaking the bank. Now I will have to consider moving up to an 8 core processor when I do that upgrade too.

Anyways, I'm not going to worry about this now. So far my setup has been able to play every game I throw at it with the max settings, 1080p resolution, and acceptable performance. In the next year or two I might not be able to stay at max settings but I will stick with this setup until it can no longer handle games at or above the next gen console graphics.

Yeah It looks like PC game spec lists are about to jump up. Looking at current game specs I thought I would be safe with my 6 core processor for a few more years. I always figured my the 7850 GPU would be the first bottleneck in my system. I was planning on waiting until at least next winter to upgrade my GPU so I could get a significant jump over the consoles without breaking the bank. Now I will have to consider moving up to an 8 core processor when I do that upgrade too.

Anyways, I'm not going to worry about this now. So far my setup has been able to play every game I throw at it with the max settings, 1080p resolution, and acceptable performance. In the next year or two I might not be able to stay at max settings but I will stick with this setup until it can no longer handle games at or above the next gen console graphics.
Actually according to the game's technical graphics director, these specs are a bit overblown:

It is not the official configs. The real specs will come out soon and will be lower than these :)

Source (in French, hence why I copied here)

Actually according to the game's technical graphics director, these specs are a bit overblown:

It is not the official configs. The real specs will come out soon and will be lower than these :)

Source (in French, hence why I copied here)

Yep, I read that too. Now I'm curious about the PC specs for some of these next gen games though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts