First Hopper and Joey Photos posted by engadget

I believe that the USB OTA is going to be some standard one that you can buy to connect to any PC. I don't think it will be any thing made by DISH. Just like how the only USB WIFI adapter accepted is an ordinary NETGEAR (specific) model.

If it is truly a USB tuner stick, then this is incredlble news. Here is a link to About.com's website of the TOP FIVE USB DIGITAL TUNERS

EDIT: Here's an even better list and review of tuners: http://www.hdtvtunerinfo.com/comparetuners.html

Last edited:
If it is truly a USB tuner stick, then this is incredlble news. Here is a link to About.com's website of the TOP FIVE USB DIGITAL TUNERS

EDIT: Here's an even better list and review of tuners: HDTV PCI & USB Tuner Comparison and Review

My big question is, if they are using a tuner stick, how will it integrate with the dvr for recording. My experience with tuner sticks was that you either controlled them from your computer keyboard/mouse or from their own remote.

While I can see the usefulness of the Joey boxes that they have announced, it seems to me that a client which could also function as a standalone receiver would be better. That could be a dealbreaker in my house. We currently have a 722 and a 622, with three TV's connected via RF to the 722. We will lose a tuner if we switch to Hopper.

My big question is, if they are using a tuner stick, how will it integrate with the dvr for recording. My experience with tuner sticks was that you either controlled them from your computer keyboard/mouse or from their own remote.

It's ALL done with software on a computer and it will ALL be done with software on the Hopper.

My ?'s are this...

922 or hopper/joey

I was going to get a 922 when they became available for the slingbox...will the hopper have the capability for slingbox

I only have 1 hd tv in my house...should that sway my decsion on the hopper

ive looked through all the threads but can someone give me a quick cliff notes of what the hopper/joey is

Might be available long before then. ;)

Scott any idea on pricing for the hopper and joey? any idea what the fee to lease it will be? tell joe we want the superstations in hd and rsn 24/7?.. try and get espn situation settled and if its true dish is going to try and do seperate package for sports channels?ty scott and everyone at ces for all you do :)

My ?'s are this...

922 or hopper/joey

I was going to get a 922 when they became available for the slingbox...will the hopper have the capability for slingbox

ive looked through all the threads but can someone give me a quick cliff notes of what the hopper/joey is

This should be what you're looking for:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/275184-dish-hopper-coming-ces-55.html#post2749998

I had breakfast with Echostar Technologies president Mark Jackson this morning and we talked quit awhile about the app store and the answer is there will not be an app store on hopper, Joey or the 922.

Sent from my iPad using The SatelliteGuys app!

ashutto20 said:
My ?'s are this...

922 or hopper/joey

Just wanted to hear expert opinions

Thanks in advance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)