First Look: Dish Network's DTVPal Digital Converter

I believe the license allows it. Not 100% coverage, though. Hard to see it being a profitable proposition, though.

TR-40CRA now available!

Looks like you can order one now for $40 here:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/dtvpal/tr40CRA.shtml

Edited to add this from the FAQ:

What is the difference between TR-40 CRA and DTVPal?

TR-40 CRA is a special limited production version of the DTVPal. Offered at the government coupon price of $40, the TR-40 CRA includes the highly-acclaimed features and functionality of the DTVPal.

Last edited:
Looks like you can order one now for $40 here:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/dtvpal/tr40CRA.shtml

Edited to add this from the FAQ:

What is the difference between TR-40 CRA and DTVPal?

TR-40 CRA is a special limited production version of the DTVPal. Offered at the government coupon price of $40, the TR-40 CRA includes the highly-acclaimed features and functionality of the DTVPal.

OK, so who is gonna volunteer to order the TR-40 CRA? We need to know what the real difference is between these two because the DTVPal is $19.99 more. :)

OK, so who is gonna volunteer to order the TR-40 CRA? We need to know what the real difference is between these two because the DTVPal is $19.99 more. :)

At least one person on AVS has (Symbios) - let him be the guinea pig?

But wait - they are only available For A Limited Time! :hungry: Better order now While Supplies Last!

BTW, has anyone heard anything about the new DTVPal Plus now listed on the NTIA website?

According to the press release that came out later today, they are also available from your Dish retailer. Somebody should already have one cracked open by now. ;-)

eh, bought the DTVPal from the dishstore for 40 bucks (well 50 with shipping) :)
Well well well, I didn't notice that. I had been searching for the "reduced price" TR-40CRA.

Claude, how is it that you are able to offer the original DTVpal for $40? Has Dish lowered the price on it as well as the TR-40CRA?

Huh? It went through FCC and NTIA approval and it's just for record keeping? This whole CECB thing is so not marketing-oriented.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)