FIRST LOOK - Logitech Revue GoogleTV Device

I could understand someone deciding to not get this unit because of the fee, but in your case you're willing to spend 50¢ per week, but not an additional 50¢?? :confused:

Have you ever heard of spending limits? I have a limit on what I will spend on my overall television bill. $4 puts me over that. In financial management, all of the extra $2, $3, $4 things that you think don't add up, eventually do. I follow my budget. I have a child. I want to retire. So yes, those are my requirements.

And save your frowny faces for someone else.

Just tried ordering it again from E*, as today is the supposed launch date, but they only pointed me to the website that will email me with further info when it is available (yeah, that doesn't inspire confidence). The CSRs are still clueless about how to handle this although they all know that today is the launch date.... but until some update hits their screens you are spinning your wheels.....

Hey guys --

Just curious, can Flash videos play on using the Logitech Revue GoogleTV device? For example if I wanted to watch live.twit.tv or videos from pbskids.org, will those work? Also what about streaming audio/video from sites that offer a flash plugin to allow streaming?

This would be a huge selling point for me if this were true.

Have you ever heard of spending limits? I have a limit on what I will spend on my overall television bill. $4 puts me over that. In financial management, all of the extra $2, $3, $4 things that you think don't add up, eventually do. I follow my budget. I have a child. I want to retire. So yes, those are my requirements.

And save your frowny faces for someone else.
Relax. Most of us are being hit hard by the economy. I was considering lowering my programming package anyway, so if Scott's and other reviews seem favorable that's probably what I'll do to absorb the monthly fee, and then some....

Just spoke to a CSR from Dish who indicated that there is a delay on the orders and that they won't be shipping any Google TVs until 10/28 at the earliest. Figures. They are already on the shelf in Best Buy and Amazon has them shipping today, but of course Dish can't get their act together and get them out the door on time. Why did I even think it was a possibility?

Hey guys --

Just curious, can Flash videos play on using the Logitech Revue GoogleTV device? For example if I wanted to watch live.twit.tv or videos from pbskids.org, will those work? Also what about streaming audio/video from sites that offer a flash plugin to allow streaming?

This would be a huge selling point for me if this were true.
Yes.

Will it play sites that stream videos in a popout windows media player? I watch sports on channelsurfing.net sometimes and this would be a big selling point for me.

Just spoke to a CSR from Dish who indicated that there is a delay on the orders and that they won't be shipping any Google TVs until 10/28 at the earliest. Figures. They are already on the shelf in Best Buy and Amazon has them shipping today, but of course Dish can't get their act together and get them out the door on time. Why did I even think it was a possibility?

So what did Charlie do to get logitech mad at him???

If you pay full price from Amazon or elsewhere, are you spared the $4/mo price?

Also, couldn't someone just order 1 from Dish Network (who is selling them $120 marked off), and then ebay if for a nice profit?

Will it play sites that stream videos in a popout windows media player? I watch sports on channelsurfing.net sometimes and this would be a big selling point for me.

No one seems to confirm this .. Does Revue allow usert to install Flash plug ins (Vhsare, Veetle or other P2P) to watch streaming Tv on Channelsurfing.net kind of saites?

Last edited:

Wait, Scott. I thought it had already been established that you could buy one from a third-party and use it without the $4 fee and that you would merely lose the Dish DVR integration. Is that not correct? Please let me know, as I am just about to his the Buy button on Amazon.

Also, since your full review is (understandably) taking awhile, perhaps you can give us a preview by indicating thumbs up or down on this product.

Thanks!

No one seems to confirm this .. Does Revue allow usert to install Flash plug ins (Vhsare, Veetle or other P2P) to watch streaming Tv on Channelsurfing.net kind of saites?

No that I have seen, so I don't believe so.

Maybe in the future when they let you download and install Google Apps. :)

The plugins mentioned above are browser plugins, not flash plugins. Unlikely to be supported in the Revue version of Chrome

Scott said nope to avoiding the $4 fee, not saying you couldn't use it normally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)