FIRST LOOK - Logitech Revue GoogleTV Device

iPhone harmony app is now available. But when I try to connect either my iphone or iPad, I get a connection error. "unable to connect. Failed to connect to logitech device."

The E-mail specifically says it DOES NOT require premium. Where did you get that?

From the email:
Enjoy PlayOn with Your Google TV Today!
If you're a PlayOn Premium customer you already have all you need to begin enjoying PlayOn on Google TV today. Just be sure you have the latest version of PlayOn and visit our supported devices page to see how. If you're a PlayOn Basic customer you can upgrade here to begin enjoying PlayOn on your Google TV.
Cheers,
The PlayOn Team

I was told by the CSR that the comitment was foe only one year. Also the Dish google tv info on their web page indicates is only for one year.

I tried ordering today and was told the $4 fee was for as long as I have Dish, but this fee could change in the future. I'm not sure the CSR really know much about it.

Plus there will be tax added and I'm in Texas in case someone was wondering.

From the email:
Enjoy PlayOn with Your Google TV Today!
If you're a PlayOn Premium customer you already have all you need to begin enjoying PlayOn on Google TV today. Just be sure you have the latest version of PlayOn and visit our supported devices page to see how. If you're a PlayOn Basic customer you can upgrade here to begin enjoying PlayOn on your Google TV.
Cheers,
The PlayOn Team

You're absolutley right. Sorry, I was confusing PlayOn Premium (which you need) with Hulu Plus (which you don't).

playon.jpg

If someone from dish network or Scott is following this tread I would like somethings cleared up.

1 if you buy the revue box from dish do you have to pay the $4.00 integration fee for as long as your a dish customer?

2 is you drop dish or go with a dish receiver that does not intergrate, do you have to return the revue box.

3 what are the terms dish requires for the revue box?

The reason for the question is due to the different information presented on this topic along with different responses I get from dish csr. I have spoken to 10 of them with different responses on this subject.

I have seen NOTHING in writing that requires you to pay the $4 fee for any length of time if you buy the box from DISH, it just saying a $4 fee will be added. I dont see what might keep you from calling up and canceling it if you dont want the intergration.

The box is yours you do not need to return it.

There are no terms that I know of for the revue box.

I'm considering the Revue and there's one thing that could make this decision an easy one for me. Given the lack of HD in Dish's version of the NBA League Pass this year, I was wondering if the online version of LP is compatible with Google TV and if so, what the picture quality is like. If it is compatible and the PQ is good, then I need to order a Revue ASAP. Thanks in advance to anyone that might be able to shed some light on this.

We haven't been able to test this yet. One person was going to test but his username and password for the NBA site was not working.

Hopefully we find out soon.

I just called Dish to see why my box hasn't shipped yet. The CSR said it had an estimated arrival date of today but still was in processing. All he could say was that it would "probably ship in the next couple days."

Ok I tested NBA tonight and it works. :)

Nice full screen... although the one game on wasn't in HD (from Rogers Sportsnet) but the graphics on the top of the screen were in HD and filled the entire screen, so it is possible to stream NBA games in full screen using Google TV. :)

I dont have access to the NHL Gamecenter so I cant check. (Of course I didn't have access to the NBA League Pass as well so....)

I called Dish yesterday & was told that the boxes have been shipped (on Monday), but to call back tomorrow for a tracking number. I called today to get the tracking number & I was told the boxes haven't shipped yet & they may ship either today or tomorrow. When I told the CSR that I was told yesterday the boxes had shipped, she put me on hold. She came back after 5 minutes & told me "the package may or may have not shipped yesterday, there is no tracking number & check back in 5 days". How's that for a response?....this is simply ridiculous!!

I just happened to log in to my dish account & finally I see a tracking number. It was shipped out yesterday by 2 day air & from the tracking info, looks like it will be here tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts