First Look: The New Weather Channel Interactive

when?

I have a vip211 and I dont see any mentiuon of the new weather channel on channel 100. When do we expect this to go "live"???

Thanks...

I have sent an email to Scott Higgins asking him for an update.

After all if it was not for Dish promoting this new interactive feature we would never have known about it.. :)

:eureka :eureka :eureka
FYI I checked this weekend and I and this feature works on my 622.
I have L3.65 software release, and live in colorado springs.

What feature exactly are you referring to ?? What channel are you tuning to when you see this ??

Does Dish apply "test" features like this to customer's receivers without having contact with them beforehand ?? No need for comments like "we're all beta testers... blah, blah, blah" either. :)

Dumb queston Isn't there a "Tech Chat" tonite? Or has this month been "skipped" ? If so some one should call in and ask!!

From Chanel 100 I click weather.

I get Local forcast information Current conditions. I can add favorite zip codes ....
it looks very similar to the picture on the first page of this thread

was there and existing weather app in there that I am seeing and not the new Dish Weather app??

:confused:

My vip 211 does not yet have this update but i have a question. Alot of the Dish Home features that were available on my old 301 are not yet available on the 211.
Why does Dish not make new features available to the newer receivers first?
Also shouldn't they be spending more time fixing issues with newer equipment?

I'm sure when the feature goes live it will be posted here a bit and probably an official announcement from Scott in the news section.

Well here you go...

I just found out a few moments ago that on Wednesday The Weather Channel application will go live on 25% of the Interactive Compatable Receviers.

Although it appears it will be going to all 100% of the 721's. The 311's will receive the application at a later date.

You heard it here first at SatelliteGuys. :)

Christina Abernathy is HAWT. :D

It's good that we're finally going to get this for instant weather!

WOW THIS IS GREAT NEWS! I got a 721, I feel privelidged. I wonder if the 522/625 will be some of those receivers targeted to get them. They are probably releasing them in a small amount of receivers to see if anybody experiences any problems with it. I remember some software released where people begged to remove it and go back to the old version. I hope this wont be the case with this new weather app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts