First Reboot since last Software Update

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Last night, I had lost a bunch of channels. I tuned to equator and it stated no signal. I tuned to Starz HD and no signal. I rebooted the stb and got them back! I know I read some suffer the same problem before so I am just posting as a reference.

Sean, what was the signal quality level when it happened?

I've been missing some of the channels yesterday. But I blame it on the snow storm followed by the rain. The signal quality was dropping all the time to low 80s and lower...

We've had the missing channel syndrome several times since the 7.26 download. Seemingly random last time with the OTAs and in the "100s". Lost everything above 201 except 601/2 last time. Power button reboot resolves the problem. Yep, checked signal levels and they all were normal--95 for sat and 90-99 for OTAs.

Strange.

Listening to music rather than watching HDTV under lowering Seattle skies, Gill

After five weeks of VOOM, my two STBs have to be hard rebooted daily-the most time I've had to watch TV has been over the past few days, and have had to hard reboot ten times between the den and bedroom STBs-channels locked up over and over...the channel is locked up as soon as I turn the TVs on...whether I turn off the STBs before going to bed or not...I dearly love Equator and other VOOM offerings, but this is ridiculous! I seldom have the program guide since I'm constantly rebooting...thank goodness I have the patience of Job, or I'd bail...I'm concerned I'm gonna damage my new $8K Sony plasma with all this off/on unplugging.... :no It's a true shame that a HD provider with some excellent programming is backed up with lousey STBs...
Aside from that, Merry Christmas everyone! :)

GJetson said:
After five weeks of VOOM, my two STBs have to be hard rebooted daily-the most time I've had to watch TV has been over the past few days, and have had to hard reboot ten times between the den and bedroom STBs-channels locked up over and over...the channel is locked up as soon as I turn the TVs on...whether I turn off the STBs before going to bed or not...I dearly love Equator and other VOOM offerings, but this is ridiculous! I seldom have the program guide since I'm constantly rebooting...thank goodness I have the patience of Job, or I'd bail...I'm concerned I'm gonna damage my new $8K Sony plasma with all this off/on unplugging.... :no It's a true shame that a HD provider with some excellent programming is backed up with lousey STBs...
Aside from that, Merry Christmas everyone! :)

do you have the phone line connected?

I was leaving them on after reading on the forum how that facilitates updates but the lock ups seemed to become more frequent after a few days of leaving them on, so I actually had better luck, initially, by shutting them off during long periods of nonuse but now I never know what to expect when I turn the TVs on...

Yeah, Sean, I keep the phone line connected, as I try to comply with VOOM's requirements (had to buy an $85. wireless phone jack for the den to comply) but I'll experiment by unplugging the bedroom phone line and see if it helps...thanks for the suggestion...I haven't switched on caller ID or any other extra feature...I've learned to check the STBs well before friends drop by so I'll have the program guide going before they arrive to check out my new system! ;) :rolleyes: :D

Hey, on a positive note (which is my more basic nature) I haven't had the rain fade problem reoccur since my installer came back and realigned my dish!!! :) Very glad of that!

The caller id has a bug in it. They are currently working on it. Just disconnect it for now. You won't need the line until PPV becomes available.

Sean Mota said:
The caller id has a bug in it. They are currently working on it. Just disconnect it for now. You won't need the line until PPV becomes available.

Sean,

Do you think we will be getting any software updates in the near future to correct the Caller ID ? I really loved that feature, but had to disconnect my phone line do to lockups. I want my caller id back. :yes
a

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)