Fixed dg6800 boot msg error

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Error420

Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
Dont know if this will work for you but it worked for me I'm watching TV with what I thought was a fried forever dg6800. Dq5 and Dq6 error's the whole nine yards.

What I did was

1. Removed r005 and ground pad closest to the 5518. ( removeing the resistor might not be necessary)

2. Solderd a wire to pin 12 on the m29w160 chip. Then soldered the other end to 11v. I used to blank CN002 connector for this over at one end closest to where it has CN002 and CN501 there is a pad with 11volts or so. I checked with a voltmeter.

3. I used skymax. Erased the chip, had to issue the command a couple of times and I did quite a few just trying to make sure.

4. I used Skymax again a wrote my original bin back to the box, I then read the bin and checked it with ultraedit32.

5. Unsolderd the 11v power to pin12 (I left pin 12 on the chip soldered just unconneted for testing becuase its a hard solder.) Also had to unhook the ground on R005 to boot off the flash chip and not the 5818's rom.

6. Powered on to test,It booted, had to wait a sec, soon as it booted I powered off.

7. I unsoldered everthing and replaced R005.

8. Used FTlink to update the box and make sure everthing was working OK.

9. Watching TV right now with it. Pretty Kewl.

I tried everyting I could this was the only way I got it to work and it did. Some dude named slugworth helped me out by telling me to go higher than 3.3v on pin12 and we got it working. Yea

I've seen others with this problem and I hope this helps them also. I know I looked forever.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts